1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Mass Effect: Bring Down The Sky

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 14 Mar 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I think that about sums it up of what I've experienced so far. It has a few nice easter eggs in there like too like the radio shack, and finding certain anomalies gives you a bit of story to what happened on the roid before you get there. It's not quite as good as the main story missions, but it's probably one of the best side missions. I actually quite enjoyed the side missions of Mass Effect, I think they could have been better, but as a whole I liked how the syndicate sub plot unfolded.

I think 400 points is reasonable, especially when you compare it to the likes of the 500 point 3 track packs for GH3

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

The only thing that lets it down is that it feels like just another side mission, perhaps one that wasn't finished enough to include in the main game. It is one of the better side missions, but it's still got the feel of a side mission.

400 points is reasonable (it's less than £4 after all), but there are still people who will moan about the price.

I'm still keeping an open mind about this - we'll see where BioWare take us with future DLC releases. I just think they're going to have to raise the bar a little further if they want to keep people on their side. Oh, and let DLC missions be started from the main menu rather than forcing the Galactic Map on us (which, after all, just serves to emphasise the side mission feel).

Hopefully I'll be able to do a review of the next DLC release too, just to see where BioWare are taking us.

4. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

Nice little review there. 400 points is fairly reasonable when compared to other dlc. I was expecting it to be around 600. Lucky for me I have 500 left . The review summarises pretty much what I expected it to be; a nice little side mission which expands on the ME universe. For 400 points cant really complain.

5. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

And this is why I prefer gaming on the PC. I suspect that the PC release will have this integrated already (though that is more a function of release dates than platform choice) and that it will also have more than ten saved games possible - if not then it will be modded in. As a matter of fact it's the possible mods that will make this much better on the PC. If this game is half as good as KOTOR it will have plenty of mods.

Sorry, that was a little off topic. I look forward to playing this some day (when the PC version is released).

6. Mentai

Mentai New Member

Yeah, my flatmate had this on his 360 and I could've clocked it before he left but I decided I would enjoy it more on PC. To me the possibility of higher res textures and better framerates make it worth the wait. That and being able to turn off auto aim and use keyboard and mouse :D
    God Mass Effect is amazing, I can't wait ^_^

7. roadie

roadie New Member

Bristol has four million people!? Methinks the author hasn't done his research!

8. tuteja1986

tuteja1986 New Member

I am buying it because i see it as a 90min of good entertainment. I have paid $12 for watching crappy movie and this extension seem worth $5.

Tags: Add Tags