1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Matrix Board Design software

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Cabe, 13 Jan 2003.

1. Cabe

Cabe What's a Dremel?

I work with matrix board alot (the non-tracked version) mainly cos I was taught on it and I have boxes of the stuff.

Im looking for matrix board software to allow me to design the circuits then it outputs them to matrix board. I can do it well enough on paper, its just I would like software to be albe to compress the boards to get them to thier smallest footprint.

anyone come accross anything like this?

PCB software is all well and good, but trying to convert between the two can be a nightmare.

I have looked at Stripboard Magic but it only seems to support the stuff that has "bus bars" on the back

2. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

I did a lot of searching for perfboard software before I found the abandonware StripBoard Magic and never saw any alternatives. :sigh:

But Stripboard Magic doesn't make compact layouts, you have to give it a lot of help, and you can't spin components round to get a better fit.

Human soggyware still rules for the best layout. :rock:

3. Cabe

Cabe What's a Dremel?

I gave up in the end too

i had a good circuit design to work from so that part of the conversion was ok.

I ended up just laying out all the components on the largest board I could use and went from there. took me about an hour of fiddleing but it works and thats all that really matters

if your interested built a Cmoy headphone amp in a Warp Mints tin.

I got some jiggling to do to fit all the panel components in, but it will be worth it.