1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix Revolutions: SPOILER THREAD

Discussion in 'General' started by :: kna ::, 5 Nov 2003.

1. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Just as I know it's going to kick off, can we all use this thread and this thread alone for discussing The Matrix Trilogy after everyone's seen them all.

This thread WILL contain spoilers and no moaning from anyone who gets disappointed. I certainly won't be reading it until I've seen the film (which isn't till Saturday), so as long as it's all in one place, I can't accidentally stumble on it.
    Discuss Away:

2. batsman

batsman the quiet one

not seen it yet, but leaving my house in about 15 mins to see it, i've notced that a french version has already leaked onto the web, so much for the zero hour release date

3. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

I'm rather disappointed.

The fighting was awesome, particularly the fight for Zion.

Peace? :grr:

Its not going to last.

I much prefer the Matrix within a Matrix theory. This story is too, well, mystical. I wanted sci-fi, not fantasy...I am getting enough fantasy with Lord of the Rings.

4. batsman

batsman the quiet one

i though was really good, i think peace was the only option that wasn't going to be that predicatable matrix inside matrix would have been weak.

but spoiler wise trinity dies (didn't see that coming) and we are to assume that neo is left for dead too

5. Alekin

Alekin Minimodder

Stunning, yet dissapointing. I was hoping for more, but not quite sure what it was i was hoping for.
    A qusetion, at the beginning, neo's mind was in the matrix while his body was on the slab right? Then he was found at the train station in-betweenie place, his body was jacked in and became one again?
    The Zion sequences were spectacular, as was the Neo-Smith fight at the end. I think there was a little too much comedy, and the trinity thing was severly unexpected. The Neo eyes thing was kinda shocking too. It all made for a great movie though.

I cant write any more, im still recovering from the shock....
    One question though... Is Neo DEAD???

Alex

Last edited: 5 Nov 2003
  6. batsman

batsman the quiet one

thinking about it he was alive at the end, as we saw the think taking him off's aura type thing so guess was alive then.

so probably say yes he is alive

the film was good, but yeah maybe the revolution was such a big revolution, as in "luke i am your father" but more neo i am your opposite style

but still good.

7. olv

olv he's so bright

I loved it. Especially the part when trinity flies up and out of the clouds into the beautiful sky, didn't see that coming but it fit in really well. Loved the end fight scene and thought the comedy was well placed.

I didnt like the new oracle. I dont think she fit in well at all and would have much preffered the previous lady.

All the references to the first Matrix gave it a much more relevant feel that i think the 2nd one lacked in some way. Now the 2nd one just seems like a filler and not really as good as the 1st and 3rd.

All in all i loved it :thumb: big thumbs up

8. Platinum

Platinum What's a Dremel?

I think they have to still be in the matrix, If the machine city is in the real world how is neo able to blow up all the sentinals? why in the real world can neo see everthing in Pure light? doesnt make sense that they were out of the matrix, perhaps it was all to make them accept the matrix?

9. olv

olv he's so bright

u missed the 'the powers of the one extend beyong this world' bit?

10. Platinum

I think i need to see it again to understand it properly, how can his powers extend into the real world not possible, they allready told us in reloaded that zion had been destroyed 6 times which indicates that zion is part of the matrix?

11. Platinum

also i didnt quite understand how neo could be in the matrix without being jacked in?

12. Dash

Dash What's a Dremel?

So this is more Fantasy now than Science Fiction?

13. Platinum

Also at the end Smith knows what is going to happen indicating that its happening the same as the last 6 times...

14. quack

quack Minimodder

Don't forget he was the Oracle as well, that was her talking, saying to Neo "whatever has a beginning has an end".

15. ajack

ajack rox

Wasnt hugely impressed but i sure as hell enjoyed the $80 million, 14 minute sentinel scene!

The ending really didnt work for me and i was expecting more

16. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

Right Smith picks up the Oracles ability, thus he was able to see the future.

I finally put my finger on what annoys me about the third installment. I along with a substantial number of other Matrix geeks built several theorys about the Matrix, Zion, and Neo's ability to destroy the Sentinels. Then along comes the third movie and flattens everything into the straightforward, everything is exactly as presented story line. Oh, but "the ones abilitys extend beyond the Matrix" bullcrap. Sorry, but thats lame. Neo has the ability to control machines with his mind, whether or he is jacked in or not. Absolute crap. It feels like a patch. A fix. The Architect said that if Neo did what he did the Matrix would destroy itself along with everyone that was jacked into it. Great! Fine! Now throw that out the window. Its like the writers were afraid to make it to complicated.

Now, I enjoyed the movie. Especially the Zion scenes. I want a robot warrior. However, this movie just lowers the entire trilogy to the level of all other scifi movies. With better effects.

17. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

OMFG I loved it.....im still sucking it all in...yes Reloaded was a filler but a needed one and it fits better now. I had to watch Reloaded a few times to get into it. Damn what an awsome series. My mind is just blown away...**** what the crittics said.

18. penski

penski BodMod

I didn't think it was possible...But it was even worse than the first two.

*n

19. Dash

Dash What's a Dremel?

This movie was alittle better than the second but only becuase of the man vs sentinel war scene

Overall I wish they would have never made the sequels

20. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

I propose that when he went back to the source etc it awakened him and then he somehow was able to use like a new skill and was still connected to the matrix even if he wasn't jacked in... kinda like he had the WiFi hardware... but no drivers until then....

Also that neo is infact a program, but he took the host of keanu... much like smith infected the freed guy in reloaded and got out and then started to look like the smith guy... and he had the same thing but maybe neo freed his mind more?

also... Smith must be the -1... work that out ... and I give you a cookie! (for help watch the architect scene in reloaded again)