1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix Revolutions: SPOILER THREAD

Discussion in 'General' started by :: kna ::, 5 Nov 2003.

1. Dash

Dash What's a Dremel?

1+(-1)= :confused:

2. jpb

jpb What's a Dremel?

Yeah, that sums it up pretty well. The ending left me feeling kind of empty.

I have to give the brothers credit for steering clear of the neatly packaged happy ending. You <i>knew</i> that somehow, Zion has to survive. Doing it in a fashion other than the machines are dead and humanity lives on happily ever after is a bit of a departure.

It just occurs to me that part of the problem people are having with the ending could be that the bulk of humanity are still being used for batteries - a form of slavery, if you will.

3. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Disappointed.

What really pissed me off was the "Neo has powers in the 'real world'" story line. I was so hoping they wouldn't go there.

Half of what made The Matrix enjoyable for me, was the fact they were average people 'hacking' programs to allow them to do extraordinary things. Kinda like when you turn 'god mode' on in a game, it obviously doesn't make you immortal in the real world.

The second Neo stopped those sentinels in Reloaded, I was hoping and praying they would go with the 'matrix within a matrix' plot, as the human Neo would still be precisely that, human. Giving him sentinel-stopping powers was just silly.
    Up until that point, everything we saw in the first two movies was technically possible (albeit far-fetched).

Oh well, looks like this trilogy had 2 sequels more than it needed.

4. olv

olv he's so bright

As if, you're all wrong, it was right good. I'm so glad there wasn't the 'matrix within a matrix' storyline, sounded like a **** idea to me and a complete get out. And who are you to argue with what neo can and cannot do in the 'real' world, you didnt invent it. It was right good.

5. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Well I enjoyed it.

I even liked the end, and didn't mind it geting fantastical with Neo's powers. Especially the being blind bit - it sort of enhanced his other senses so he became more attuned to the machine world. The line about the fields "I'd heard of them, but had to see them to believe it" was great coming from the 'blind' Neo.

I too was a little disapointed with the new Oracle. They obviously wasn't going to get someone who was an exact double, so maybe they should have gone for some one completly different. The Merovingian alludes to the fact that 'she found a new vessel' - why not make it completly different - a young woman, or even a girl?

The Zion dock/city battles where just mind-blowing.

I had guessed Neo was going to die / sacrifice himself after watching the extras on the reloaded disc - on one of them the some of the cast where sitting on the park bench the oracle was sat on at the end of the film. The brass plaque on it reads "In memory of Thomas Anderson".

Trinity dying was a bit of a blow, but sort of logical. She made a choice to go with Neo, knowing they had zero chance of getting back. And if Trinity hadn't died, would Neo have been able to make his choice to sacrifice himself?

Will the peace last? Who knows. Aparently there are rumours that there maybe a 4th film. And the Oracle said that they probably hadn't seen the last of Neo.

I'm sure I'll pick up more stuff when I go and see at the IMAX in a couple of weeks time. ;)

6. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

and you get that from what?

7. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Hated it. Terrible terrible ending to what could have been a great trilogy. (Big fan of the first movie here). There is hardly anything I actually liked about this movie. The story was completely inchorent.

The final Agent Smith vs Neo fight was far too typical of a comic book (why the hell did they have to have "flying" in the matrix?!). What made Neo unique in the fist movie was his abilty to dodge bullets and his martial arts abilities.

The special effects were pretty good, the sentinal battle was cool but that's about the only bit I really liked. The rest was just overly long and dragged for ages without actually getting to a point.

Maybe if they had compressed reloaded and revolutions into one movie they would have had a sequal that was worthy to the original.

8. olv

olv he's so bright

It was most likely intended to be like that because the directors love comic books, i think i rember that from one of the original interviews. And neo's ability to fly was in the first one at the end. they could hardly ignore that in the 2nd and 3rd combined with the fact it is insanely cool and shows the extent of his power and control.

I think people expected far too much from the 2nd and 3rd. The 1st was so original, ground breaking and amazing they couldn't possibly better it because its already been done.

9. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

again Revolutions made it complete.....I think it helped that all the reviews I read were **** about it, so I went it with lower expectations and walked out in shock on how much I loved it. It was a great ending that made perfict sense.

OH ya and Smith was the best bad guy in movie history....that laugh when he took over the oracle was great.

10. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Ah - but who took over who? ;)

11. micb

micb Minimodder

IMO "The Matrix" had a lot of style, "Matrix Reloaded" had some style and "Matrix Revolution" less style.

I have mixed feelings on this one, both good and bad.

The film action scenes were quite impressive the tention was quite good.

The ending was too quick IMO, after all that struggle both in and out of the Matrix all we get is one cheer?

I think I will need another watch to see if I like it.

12. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

I must say...great movie and worthy sequel. The attack on the dock and zion was insane :rock:

About Neo developing his powers during the prgression of these movies.. I've been reading alot about Neo flying and the superhero stuff. The way i see it, if Neo never went farther than "dodging bullets" would it have been an exciting trilogy? It was only "inevitable" that his powers become greater as the story unfolds. There are alot of far fetched ideas in this movie, including the matrix....so a flying superhero fighting Neo doesn't seem so out of place.

One more thing is this peace with the machines at the end. Since the architect was so precise and in the search of perfection, could it be when the balance was broken (Smiths blowing up at the end) the matrix is not perfect anymore (in the eyes of the architect)? Could it be that the matrix just does not function anymore without this balance? I just can't accept the machines willingly letting all those humans (batteries) live and establishing peace with them. Sounds like a bunch of horse doo to me

...just my 2.39712063298 cents :)

13. olv

olv he's so bright

I think it was good when the oracle was talking about the architect saying he can't see past any decisions and stuff. Seeing as though Neo was the only person capable of stopping Smith and that the machines realised that he would take them over aswell, they had no choice but to help Neo.

14. bHawk

bHawk What's a Dremel?

better than the second, but not all that great....

The Zion battle was awsome, very well done. The final battle between neo and smith was way over the top. The first few minutes where cool, and the rain effects where awsome, but when they started flying around it just didnt feel right anymore. Hell, i though i was watching a DBZ episode... Though did anyone else notice that the building that neo and smith fight in at the end very closely resembles the dojo from the first movie? I thought that was kinda cool.

I didnt like the ending too much. For one, like a lot of people have said, the explanation for neo controlling the sentinels was carp! And i wouldve much rather had a solid conclusion than have it set up for a sequel. That just pissed me off. It wouldve been ok, although maybe cliched, to see the machines and humans unite again, or something with some sense of final closure...

15. SugarBear

SugarBear What's a Dremel?

there will be no more sequals, the matrix will live on, they have already said that the plot is far from done evolving, but there are going to be no more movies made.

16. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

You can only be sure about one thing in the movie industry, never say never.

If something is making a lot of money (Matrix franchise), they will make more. It's simple maths.

17. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

There wasn't much of a choise, the original actor died.
    I thought she did pretty good at at least picking the character back up.

I was split, I liked some parts, but the end leaves you say, "umm, where is the rest?"

I am now waiting for a fourth movie to finish this off!

P.S. I felt guilty, but I didn't dress in my costume for the premier.

18. olv

olv he's so bright

I guessed that she had died! shame really, she really made the part her own.

I don't think there is much more to say. Of course it would be good to know what happened to Neo, and how long the peace would last between man and machine but apart from that. there isn't much left to say.

19. batsman

batsman the quiet one

did anyone sit though the credits?
    as there is apparently a shot of neo's grave not sure on the credability of this though

20. batsman

batsman the quiet one

the oracle change is covered in the footage in the matrix game