1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix Revolutions: SPOILER THREAD

Discussion in 'General' started by :: kna ::, 5 Nov 2003.

1. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

When he was actually in the Matrix (unknowingly) he did have dozens of cords connected to him. I think these where what the machines used to suck 'energy' out of humans, as they were connected to the major muscles in the body. Obviously when you re-enter the Matrix, you're not gonna let the machines take any more stuff out of you.

In the end, I think the other cords were just used to make a rather cool looking chair for Neo.

2. -A-

-A- What's a Dremel?

I second that, i think that it was justa chair and a cool one at that! Sweet cahir, i want, i want!

-A-

3. quack

quack Minimodder

The Merovingian is played by Lambert Wilson, who is French. Could you not hear his French accent?

4. batsman

batsman the quiet one

i think the other cords would have been used to reproduce the signals of touch more efficiently as they would be closer to the nerves, and it looks better than just one cable.

5. -A-

-A- What's a Dremel?

Yes i heard his French accent, but in the movie, the character who he plays, the Merovingian has 'sampled many languages but French is the best', so the actor may be French but the character chooses French because of teh accent! :D

-A-

6. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

7. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

kna, that link is quite an interesting angle to look at it. i just kinda quickly browsed over some parts, but i see where's he's coming from on his points. pretty much i think it depends on what angle you're coming from when you watch the movie that determines how you like it... for an action movie, it's got a good, fight scene in zion, but the rest is rubbish (not my opinion, that's what everyone else is saying). for its symbolism, it's a great movie

8. relix

relix Minimodder

I didn't liked the third matrix as I did the first two (the second one was already a bit less than the first)

Where to start...

Oh, yes, of course, the fact that Neo (or the One) can stop machines in the real world. It's definetly not me (judging from your reactions) but that is just stupid. What were Andy and Larry thinking? I mean, it really doesn't help the credibility of the movie, it makes you think "riiiiiiight, I'm looking at a movie, not at reality", which is exactly not what a movie (or its directors) should do.
    It makes me believe there is going to be a fourth movie, and that movie is going to have the matrix inside the matrix - theory, or, preferably, something else which would explain a lot, as we have already seen such a storyline in The Thirteenth Floor.

The machines were stupid. First, the face made of sentinels? Hello, The Mummy, anyone? Why in godsname would a machine, make a big-ass face to interact with Neo? Couldn't he just have a speaker which would talk to him, or it'd be even cooler if there'd just be a terminal, with a screen and a keyboard, a bit like in the first movie.

Secondly, why would it give in so fast to a "human"? It was like:

- "Hey, I wanna kill Smith, you need my help"
    + "Rightyo, hell no, I don't need your help"
    - "Pleeeeaaassseeee?"
    + "Okay, sure"

Also, in my opinion it was a pretty lousy deal the machine made. Can't it just "reset" the matrix? And even if it can't, what would happen? He'll loose all his bodies? But the deal he made with Neo was for "peace", which means all the humans will be unplugged sooner or later, that makes it a loose-loose situation for the machines. Not even just a loose-loose situation, but also exactly the same situation, just a differint winner (Neo instead of the Machines). As the matrix is still part of the machines, they can just blow it up, killing Smith.

And where were the effects we so loved in the first and second movie? I couldn't find them anywhere! The only cool ones were from the first movie. But I believe they added those to refer to the first one, symbolic. But they could've added some new stuff. Like, when the smiths explode. What the hell? Those effects weren't even realistic! What happened to the matrix code, neo seeing everything like that? The big martial arts fighting scenes, one on one, with cool music? Nowhere to be spotted in the movie.

There, you've got my opinion. Now leave me alone while I send a big bad lettre to Larry and Andy...

9. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

relix i agree with pretty much everything ya said (hope for a fourth movie, etc.) one thing though is that even though the architect did say he'd uplug some humans, as they said in the first movie, not everyone is ready to be unplugged (the majority of humans aren't ready) so considering that they only lose a small number compared to the total they get to keep, it kinda makes sense...... i guess.

also, why would the peace not last forever? i mean the architect acted as though he/the machines don't lie, so i don't see the machines betraying the humans any time soon. and i also don't see why the humans would start another fight with the machines after so many years of trying to STOP the war.

also, one thing i've never figured out. "the one" is suppose to return to the sourse, yadda yadda yadda, and 11 (i think) people are suppose to rebuild zion. how thf f00k can 11 people rebuild that HUUUUUGE city? (and repopulate it to that many people). i mean from what i remember, it had been around 100 years since the last "one", and i just don't think 11 people could rebuild the city and make that many babies! :p :lol: that's one reason i was sure the "real" world still had to be part of the matrix. (and if they surprise us with a fourth, that's my guess of what will happen)

10. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

Peace is a balance, a compromise, is it not? The aim of the architect was to balance the equation but maybe due to the choice problem only the unbalancing of the matrix could bring true balance. I enjoyed the way the architect seemed to have a sense of humor about it afterwords, maybe he was happy in some way too.

I need to watch it a few times to really pick up some more of the symbolism but i ****ing loved it, it is a great piece of cinema, i wished they'd been as artistic as in the first but we can't all have what we want.

Most of you seem to question him being able to stop machines in the real world, but not the fact that he could see without eyes?

11. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

it's all the same to me.....

12. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

It's been a really long time since I've seen such a darn good movie, it just made my day.

I'm going to sleep now, hopefully when I wake up I'll be in the matrix. I'm "the one" ou7blaze, the one. :eek: :rock:

13. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

I'm sorry to say this but the last two matrix films are utter crap that are poorly written and poorly directed.

Another steaming pile that has come out of hollywood :eyebrow:

14. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

all you matrix haters can goto matrix hell and rot in deja vu mode forever... :lol:

15. olv

olv he's so bright

apoogod is right. you all need to lighten up and stop acting like you've been personally offended. So what if your precious 'matrix within a matrix' theory was a pile of crap that they didn't do. So what if you feel its wrong he can use his powers in the real world, who are you to dictate what 'the one' can and cannot do?
    Its purely entertainment, thats what a film is, and it does just that.

16. at_b

at_b What's a Dremel?

i kinda agree with olv...
    btw...the machines may not lie...but people did not fight to make peace, they fought to free all the people...so guess who will break peace first...
    as someone said most peple are not ready for the real world...(and i wonder who s gonna make them choose) which would mean that the machines will have a lot of people to feed of...

what actually most of you are saying are that those 2 movies are supposed either not to be made or just be the same as the first only different rooms...the old routine of dodging bullets and martial arts with slaming in the walls at the exact same level...now what fun would that be...

what i didn t quite like were all the cheesy scenes between neo and trinity, they could have left only one or so...but i guess they needed to be there to fit everything better together...

also, if all you people are nitpickers(i think that s the world) why the phuck didn t say anyone anything bad about the fight in the dock...like, that was as much unrealisitical as the rest of the movie...the brute force of the sentinels could have gone through all those upb's in less than 1 minute just like they went through the tower or just have a few sentinels come from above while the guys were in circle formation...it s seemes like they actually had windows on them and went into a neverending loop while spinning around being target for mech soldiers...
    and for sakes, if you all need to go into details...they had all that technology(people) and no ****y auto aiming system...

you actually need to pick on stuff like regious and political symbolism that those guys thrown in the script. they actually left a mark of symbols in the last 2 movies that i could not see until i read about them and i realize i am probably not smart enough to coment on something that i won t fully get until someone shows it to me so i will just enjoy the movie as it is without thinking "WHY OH WHY DID THEY DO THAT...i know better...it feels wrong...they shouldnt have done that...they ruined the film".
    overanalyizing stuff ruins everything if you are not able to understand what you are analyzing... :nono:

just my thoughts...hope i did not offend anyone or something...

17. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

So what you are saying is that we should all agree a movie is good and not discuss films on a film discussion board? :confused:

18. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

that's about how i understand it :eeek: :p :blush: :eyebrow:

nobody is. we're just saying it doesnt make much sense...

19. olv

olv he's so bright

Hell yeah, its sooo cool whats to discuss :lol: :p

20. relix

relix Minimodder

I believe one of the function the cords do is to add chemicals to the body such as hormons, nutritions, water, air, all directly to the blood stream. Maybe even filter the blood.

In the first movie they did have a pipe that goes to their stomach via their mouth, but I believe it to be too ineffecient for machines to just put food in their stomach. It's way more effecient (and machine-like thinking) that they just put nutritioun intraveniously in the body.