1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Form Factor mATX PSU?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SeanMod, 6 Dec 2004.

1. SeanMod

SeanMod What's a Dremel?

i need help!!!!!

i am planing to build a media pc with an asus a7v400-mx mATX and xp2200+ in a really tiny case as my first mod. but now i got a little space problem with my psu it wont fit. i cant/wont change the case couse its the whole theme of the mod but got those space issues now. i saw on a side a mATX psu with 200V but dont know if this one is good(silend;enuff power) :confused:

can somebody help me??????

sorry for my english
    if something is wrong blame my teacher

2. Captain Slug

Captain Slug Infinite Patience

A 200w mATX will be enough if you're not powering more than 2 or 3 standard size drives.

3. SeanMod

SeanMod What's a Dremel?

ok sounds good so far. thanx! and by the way the psu is from maplinwith the stock code A10BF. do u know how the performance is?

4. kaotic504

kaotic504 What's a Dremel?

ACHME is the company that makes most of the Shuttle powersupplies. SilenX also makes great powersupplies. there are many good 1U size powersupplies out there, but i know those are the ones used in Shuttles. Active PFC is a BIG plus, you want to have a good constant, steady flow of power. make sure your powersupply has active PFC.

5. SeanMod

SeanMod What's a Dremel?

the silenX is pefect for me. can u also tell me where i get those in europe. all i found was in the states.

6. Captain Slug

Captain Slug Infinite Patience

For reference, the shuttle power supplies are of the TFX12V form factor and NOT the 1U form factor. The two are not the same specification and will not be easily interchangable.

Ultim8pc stocks the 250w SilenX TFX12V PSU and they're located in the UK
    http://www.ultim8pc.co.uk/index.asp?section=products&idd=17

7. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

just a FYI SeanMod my entire rig runs off a 200w MATX psu so you should no problems.

8. SeanMod

SeanMod What's a Dremel?

thanx guys all togehther :thumb: :thumb:
    after some measuring and a little math i think its a buy on the silenx 250W PSU. as soon my project is in progress i will start a log to keep u updated.

_______Project FuturePrimitive is about to beginn___________

Tags: