1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Max Payne 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SECRETCOMMANDO, 17 Oct 2003.

1. SECRETCOMMANDO

SECRETCOMMANDO What's a Dremel?

It apears to be out in the US now, but when is it out in the UK?

Its looking pretty nice and the new Havok physics add a lot to the environment as most of the scenary can be knocked about...

Heard it was supposed to be out today [17th] anyone know if this is correct?

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Next friday out here, i hope ill get it before if play.com are nice.

US is out today although its been round p2p networks since early this week :nono:

3. kiltman

kiltman Victory is Mine!!

seen the screen shots for this game in some magazine they look very good, think this may be my next purchase :),

4. MaximumShow

MaximumShow Minimodder

I really loved the first one! I want to get #2 but I'm not sure how well it'll run with my 8500dv... Anyone own it yet? And if so, how well does it run on your hardware?

5. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

I actually only got about half of the way through the first one. Kind of wish I finished it but it was a friends and he watned it back. This was for the Xbox BTW.

I have been thinking about getting the second one.

6. ChillingSP

ChillingSP What's a Dremel?

I usually hate playing FPS but MaxPayne is an exception.
    I liked it, especially the slow motion effect, and now i think i will get the sequel :thumb:

7. mushky

mushky gimme snails

max payne 1 was the first game i ever felt the need to finish, everything from the graphics to the storyline was so smoothly done.

I cant wait for max payne 2. at the moment i feel like ive wasted 30 quid on halo so im looking for something to make up for that. hopefully max payne 2 is just the ticket

8. kiltman

kiltman Victory is Mine!!

i never completted max payne 1 either, what i played i enjoyed though. might buy it as its not alot anymore

9. SECRETCOMMANDO

SECRETCOMMANDO What's a Dremel?

Next Friday then? Ace, looking forward to it :thumb:

I've also heard that it's really short like the first one, and only takes around six hours to finish... I'm sure it'll be a blast whilst it last though :D

10. mgigante

mgigante What's a Dremel?

Max Payne is not a FPS

Max Payne 2 is not a FPS (First Person Shooter)

it is Third Person view, and Max Payne 2 is awsome!, graphics aer incredible, I went through one of the dream/nightmare type levels and it was MUCH better then the oldnightmare level...

Great game, similar to the old one but I must say GRAPHICS!! Excellent!!

w00t :clap:

oh and my hardware is below, i left game at default settings which was everything on HIGH DETAIL AA was off on default and I left it that way, still incredible graphics

11. :Galokin:

:Galokin: Guest

tis an excellent game!

Has ne1 figured out how to do the new bullet time moves? like the one where he spins round?

[edit] Ok ive figure it out, its called a "fast reload". Basically when u right click and r running about in slow motion reload and s/he does a really cool spinning reload action. [/edit]

Last edited by a moderator: 22 Oct 2003
  12. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I agree with KK here.. this game is fantastic.
    Graphically polished although in some places (even on easy) it could do with being easier

13. HumZilla

HumZilla What's a Dremel?

Good Points so far:-
    It looks drop dead gorgeous, dripping in atmosphere, humourous self parody, good continuation of lords&ladies and the return of pink flamingo.

Bad points so far:-

Its too easy for experienced MP players.
    The easy level is set ok if your a complete beginner to MP.
    They shouldn't have restricted the difficulty settings as players who have played MP1 will know how everything works.

They've given out all the weapons already that you wouldn't get in MP1 until your at least midway through the game.

I'm on chapter 2 already and have only been playing for a few hours without trying hard.

14. Golygus

Golygus Minimodder

mental

Loved the first 1, this looks to be fun. i also pissed of with a wast of money on halo - looks nice, when it runs properly.

And yay, a free hat!!!!

15. :Galokin:

Re: mental

Nebody else confused by this statement? :confused: :confused: :confused:

16. Vixen

Vixen What's a Dremel?

Boyfriend got it from Gameplay this morning, but he's off at work so I'm getting a chance to play it (just need to remember and put his saved games back in the right folder!).
    Not very far in because I can't adjust the controls to ones I like without getting shouted at, but it seems pretty much identical to the first one, but with a really screwed up plot and sweet physics engine.
    I like the new guns though, but miss my baseball bat :( The kalashnakov (sp) is really cool!

I wonder how he carries around so many guns without looking fat... :)

17. :Galokin:

u wait till u play as Mona Sax...she had all these weapons, god knows where she puts them. She is so thin and fine ;) AFJS was round earlier today and he kept perving at her ass...(he is loopy!)

18. Golygus

Golygus Minimodder

hat

pre order it for a game store b4 its release tommorow - and get a free max paye 2 hat!!

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Re: hat

? I have from play.com :D

/me awaits hat.

20. :Galokin:

Tags: