1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Max Payne 3 Chapters Locked Bug

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mikemorton, 24 Nov 2012.

1. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

Hi,

This is both for info and a plea for help.

I've reached Chapter 8, but no saves have been registered beyond Chapter 5 except my clues and golden guns.

I finished Chapter 6, exited the game and went back in.

But my continue campaign listed Chapter 6 as still being locked.

So I went back and finished it again - as soon as I started I noticed all the clues and golden guns I'd picked up the first time had been registered by the game.

I then went on to finish Chapter 7, then began Chapter 8 then exited.

Guess what? The game thinks I'm still back at Chapter 5.

However, if I hover my mouse over the "locked" Chapters 6 and 7, the game agrees I've picked up all the relevant clues and golden gun parts.

So at the moment there's no point in me carrying on playing what would otherwise have been a fantastic game.

According to Rockstar Support's generic list of problems this is a known issue: "We have received a few reports about chapters 13 and 14 becoming re-locked in Chapter Select even after completing the game.

"There are also some reports about chapters earlier in the game becoming locked, if they were completed in one sitting but the game did not save the progress properly -- despite still having stats and items for those levels.

"It is something we are investigating now. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification as soon as there is more news, please log in to the Support site and click Subscribe at the top of this page. "

Bummer. I was really enjoying it. Now I will have to wait and see if there's ever a fix.

2. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

I've found a workaround.

I played Chapter 6 again this morning, but as soon as I got to a checkpoint, I came out of the level, then went back in again. That seemed to force the game to save my progress.

I am now (back!) at the start of Chapter 7, but this time my game lists Chapter 6 as being unlocked.

So the game is playable again, thank goodness.