1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Max Payne

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jordan Wise, 9 Jul 2008.

1. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Bloody Hellfire!!!

I've just seen the teaser trailer for the Max Payne film - I have to say it looks absolutly fan-f*****g-tastic!!!!

I had my doubts about this, I've seen too many game to film conversions that we soooo disappointing but this looks fab!!

BRING IT ON!!!

2. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

just watched it, looks great, wahlbergs good at the hard guy character, i just hope theres loads of narration like the games

3. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Max Payne is classic film noir, you can't have film noir without narration as far as I'm concerned. There was some of it in the trailer so hopefully they will continue it through the film.

I am fully prepared for the film not to follow the path of the game, its a different medium so things that work in a game won't necessarily work on screen (and vice versa) but as long as they keep the heart and soul of the game it should be great. There were some images in the trailer that I don't recall from either game - was that a black winged angel I saw? I suppose some of the weirder stuff is a valkyr hallucination plus I think I spotted some satanic looking imagery, presumably that will be the Jack Lupino fight in the Rangarok Club. I also spotted the scene where Max had to shoot the door control to get out of the lab - that bit was straight out of the first game.

Latest release date I've seen for it is mid October, presumably that will be the US opening date.

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

QFT. I'm very excited about the film, the trailer looks great.

What a classic series though, MP2 was good in terms of physics etc, but not as good for plot (imho).

5. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I really, really hope they're not making it a Constantine type film, why on earth include angels? It's just bizzare.

6. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Errm, maybe its because there are frequent references to the flesh of fallen angels in the first game? Lupino rants about them a lot as you're getting closer to his hideout in the club so I'm still thinking they are a drug induced hallucination and not a real creature/person/thing.

7. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I remember that part well because my pc could not hadle that section and would crash lol

8. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Replayed max payne 2 a few months ago, it gets better every time. I still pine for a sequel.
    Don't think it'd make a good film, though, because the whole attraction of the game is that it's so much like a film already. The perceived 'ease' of the transferral is precisely why the director will get lazy, and the result will be wishy-washy :(

9. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

max payne 1 and 2 were awesome when i played them. i recently played stranglehold, which gameplay wise, was much better, more intense and had better mechanics. then i went back to play max payne 2 and it didn't hold my attention for 5 minutes. shame really, because the story line is great fun and it was brilliantly exectued.

10. korben

korben What's a Dremel?

The trailer reminded me I haven't played it for a while. One of the top games for me. :)

11. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

I spotted a comment on another thread that said there were two possible endings to MP2, is this right? I've played the game several times and its always ended the same way and I don't recall any part were there was a possibility of taking a different option so that you might end up with a different outcome.

With Deus Ex it was pretty clear that you had choices to make all the way through the game as well as the three possible endings but I don't recall anything that even hinted at an alternative ending with Max.

12. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

It depends on the difficulty setting (and that's all I'm going to say so I don't spoil it);)

13. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Argh! The Max Payne pack on Steam is tempting me... £11.86 for both games is so bargainous.

14. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Aha, I think I now have clarity!

15. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Last edited: 24 Jul 2008
  16. alihan1988

alihan1988 What's a Dremel?

One of my favorite games and is still awaiting impressive on a poor PC at the time

17. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

They need to pull their finger out and get on with Alan Wake!

18. Letapz

Letapz What's a Dremel?

Is there a Max Payne 3?

19. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

as far as i know there is no third max payne game.

20. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

The impression I get is that the angels/demons are nothing more than hallucinations caused by Valkyr for various people in the film.
    I hope that's the case, at least.

Tags: