1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Max Payne3 PC system spec

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sharpethunder, 23 Apr 2012.

1. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Just going to say that most games have a higher recommended space than they actually use. Especially if it's digital download only (which it apparently is), then you've got half for the download and half for the install, so you'll need 35GB free, but it takes up less, say 18GB. Still large though.

As I was saying to sharp yesterday, I suspect that Rockstar didn't bother testing many high end specifications, whereas they'd test with many lower spec machines, hence the ridiculous upper bound specifications.

Well, that's what I'm hoping, though "poor port" sticks uncomfortably in the mind too.

2. Draksis

Draksis New Member

Couldn't be bothered to look it up, but I assume this will be on steam - if so I'll wait and see how the game gets rated and wait for it to hit the bargain bin/bundle packs before I buy.

Also by that stage all the critical patches will have been released, so a better game all round than on release date.

3. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I'll wait for the obligatory sale triple pack on Steam :D

4. Scroome

Scroome Well-Known Member

Agreed. I'll wait for the reviews to come out before deciding what sale price I'm willing to purchase at.

Still waiting for Rage to hit a tenner, or is it not worth even that?

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

It hit a fiver on gamersgate the other day. Activates on Steam.

6. Scroome

Scroome Well-Known Member

Wow. Thank you Sir!

Is it worth the download?

7. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

balls I missed that. Am I too late?

8. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

I can believe a 35GB instal, RAGE was what, 24GB? I doubt it needs more than 4cores, and it's a 32bit game I'm sure as usual so it won't need more than 4GB ram. 2GB of vram will be needed though if it's anything like RAGE. You needed a lot of vram to avoid pop in. RAGE might have disappointed on the graphics front as much as id talked it up, but I thought the game play was quite enjoyable.
    Anyway I'm looking forward to the new Max, but I don't have unrealistically high hopes for it either.

9. spectre456

spectre456 New Member

Some of you need to calm down.

if you look at the post it lists the hardware that the game will SUPPORT from the lowest to the highest performance based on the vendors.

That does not mean it will require 16gigs to run decently.

The 35 gigs comes from the high resolution textures the game is coming with. it also has dx 11 support and tessellation along with all those deliciously smooth animations.

Reading comprehension Cheesecake!

10. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits New Member

35 gig is no big deal to me. I bet if most people who play World of Warcraft looked at the size of their folder, it's not far off that. This is the size big PC games *should* be. Finally a game that you don't have to wait for someone to add high res textures later... I even have room on my SSD for this.

My graphics card is going to struggle though.

11. Shirty

Shirty Time travelling rogue Super Moderator

So it did need those ridiculous specs to run at top settings! Well at least it seems to be a damn fine game, will be picking this up and seeing how hard I can work the 580 :D

/sort of necro

12. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

No it didn't.

I'm running it maxed out on my signature rig, which certainly doesn't have a 680/7970 or 16GB of RAM. I imagine you only need all those kind of things if you're running triple-screen.

13. MjFrosty

MjFrosty New Member

Anything on or above 1080 will require more than 1.5GB of VRAM for this game if you want to run maximum settings.

I copped up to 1.65GB at 1080 with my 2GB 680 with full settings and MSAA @ 4x

14. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

The engine scales really, really well and the patches are to fix niggles. I don't see why you are complaining about probably the best game to come out so far this year. It unironicaly plays like a Tarantino movie.

15. rollo

rollo Well-Known Member

Most of the install size is videos