1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maxtor HDD woes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jack, 15 Aug 2005.

1. Jack

Jack Minimodder

What it is.....I was transferring some files onto it and everything seemed ok (120gb's worth by then).....I then realised I made an error so I tried to delete the file and couldn't,I assumed it was just the file so I tried a few times and still it wouldn't let me,so I then decided to try a delete a different file and still nothing,kept telling it couldn't be deleted.......So I checked how much room it had taken and all I got was that the drive needed formatting.........decided to reboot and check the drive and basicly the drive will only boot up to the remaining 130gb.........I have no idea what has happened to the 120+gb........I think the drive has gone down........It can't be the files that I transfered because they have been on my other hard drive for months with no problems at all..........I can't even add to the remaining 130gb incase the same happens to that,the more I add the less I would end up with until its all gone.......

Any help would be appriciated.

cheers