1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Maze 4 Low Profile

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MikeMK, 24 May 2005.

1. MikeMK

MikeMK What's a Dremel?

Hi everyone, im new around here! Im getting a watercooling kit for my rig, and I was wondering whether there was a noticable difference in performance between the normal Maze 4 Acetal GPU blocks and the low profile ones. These are to cool 2x6800ultras, so i want to get it right!

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I wouldn't think so. The actual channels are in the copper bottom; the acetal tops really just contain the inlet and outlet ducts.

3. MikeMK

MikeMK What's a Dremel?

Cheers m8, i think i will give the LP's ago. Right, my cooling setup is gonna be this:
    1xTDX A64 block (for my FX-55)
    2xMaze 4 Acetal Low profile blocks (for SLI 6800 ultras)
    Black ice Extreme dual 120mm rad
    Eheim 1250 pump
    Danger Den bay res.

What do u recon guyz? All that is on a Lan Party DFI SLI-DR board.

Finally, i have a Xaser III case, and i need to mod the roof for the radiator. Only thing is it all ready has an 80mm fan mount, and also u will see holes for USB and firewire ports (as i will have to remove the ports themselves). Does anyone know a guide, or the best way to go about this. I was gonna use a hole saw and drill 2x120mm fan holes but i dont think i could position them right to cover all the holes on the roof. The other option is to cut a single large rectangular hole and use a grill like this:

[​IMG]

but im not too sure about how to go about that. Does anyone know of any guides or anything?

4. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

The only difference between the standard Acetal Maze4 GPU and the Low Profile one is about 5mm shaved off the Acetal top to allow it to fit between the two Sli cards easier. The inside channelling remains the same so obviously flow isn't effected which is why both blocks will offer the same results. Very little heat is dissipated through the Acetal top so the size is irrelevant in this case.

A few posts with pictures that show quite well a couple of different methods of cutting the opening for fitting radiators.

Measure twice........cut once :thumb:

Flyin Banana
    Fitting an AquaTube
    White Water Wavemaster
    Ventmaster

Might give you a few ideas to think about

Measure twice........cut once :thumb:

Happy :dremel: ing

5. MikeMK

MikeMK What's a Dremel?

Hey Coolmiester... thought i might see ya around here ;)

Cheers for that... im gonna go for the LP ones definately. Im sure u will be pleased to know im gonna order from coolercases, probably friday for a tues delivery (cos of bank holiday right?). as thats the only time someone can sign for it Just trying to get ideas on modding my case now... trying to read as much as poss. :) Thanks for the links :D

6. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

Wouldnt that lower profile also cut down on the durability of the top to resist cracking and such? Any had any issues so far??

7. MikeMK

MikeMK What's a Dremel?

Well, ive ordered it all now. Should be here early next week i hope. Thanks for all the help. Will let u know how it goes :)

8. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

No not one.........Acetal is really hard and would take a good thwack with a big hammer to do any damage!

And no i'm not going to try it....not even for Bit :D

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Aw.... go on... :D

Tags: