1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News MCP73 motherboards launch today

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 25 Sep 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Sounds promising and a brilliant solution for a MCPC/Torrent box :)

3. Kurayamino

Kurayamino As long as the Raven flies

I think they can be used for a bit more than that!

4. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

or ur kid's computers... or girlfriend... or whoever that just need a computer to browse n enjoy media n play a little game here n there ;)

5. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

still isnt 690g a little better than this

6. 2JSC

2JSC What's a Dremel?

Thats what I was thinking... and isn't the 790 chip coming out soon?

7. dfrangu

dfrangu What's a Dremel?

GIGABYTE has also launched 2 versions, but at least they respected the NDA not to make an announcement before nVidia does... Check your Inboxes again :thumb:

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

??

I'm sorry? We spoke to an Nvidia rep directly - he's a good friend of ours :p

9. dfrangu

dfrangu What's a Dremel?

Do you want the press release? :thumb: Is marked September 25...

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Meh, Tim talked to NV yesterday and they haven't complained. It's a day difference. :p We got the reviewers guide instead yesterday which doesn't have a date attached ;)

I've got the Gigabyte ones too :)

11. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

I presume this can do Vista can't it?

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yup, all the current IGPs can do vista aero.

13. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

It was under embargo until 9AM PST yesterday. The article was published when it was allowed to be published. In fact, the Inno3D information came from a press release itself mate.

14. dfrangu

dfrangu What's a Dremel?

9AM PST Time = 16PM GMT Time or am I wrong?
    "Nvidia MCP73 motherboards launch today
    25th Sep, 14:45 Nvidia's MCP73 series of motherboards are being released out into the wild today with offerings from Biostar and Inno3D being made available."

Please, tell me, what time is the one in bold? Is GMT, is other? I am asking because I really don't know. I don't want to be "the bad guy" but I think some info leaked before NDA ended... Anyways, is not the first nor the last time...

Peace...

15. Tim S

Tim S OG

The announcement from Nvidia landed in my inbox minutes after the story was published here and considering my mail goes through an external spam filter (due to the volume of spam I get on top of the volume of legitimate mail), it can be delayed by up to 15 minutes. I don't understand what the problem is, other than that more than one manufacturer jumped the gun by several hours?

One actually jumped the gun by almost two weeks, but as I already knew the MCP73 release date I triple checked before allowing anything to be published... Hence, why you didn't see a story published on MCP73 over a week ago.

Also, there were several stories written across the web about MCP73's launch the evening before and several more about the press releases sent out by the various motherboard manufacturers yesterday morning. I've certainly been upset about sites breaking embargoes in the past but when something is as widely reported as this was, it's hard to say that anyone has broken an embargo. :)

16. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Regardless of what you're quoting, we have very close relations with Biostar, Inno3D and Nvidia. We were given clear permission from Nvidia to publish when we did - hence, we did not break an NDA. I appreciate that you may have some resentment towards those sites who choose to disrespect those (I think we're in a similar vein), but I assure you we didn't try to jump any guns on this one. :)

17. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

From first signs, it looks like the hardware makers, not the news breakers, have been the premature ejaculators.
    :duh:

Tags: Add Tags