1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Mcsa/mcse???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wyzzord, 2 May 2002.

1. Wyzzord

Wyzzord What's a Dremel?

I am sbout to get my MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator) and I would like to know if anybody has this under there belt?? If so... what is your job experiance like and what type of troubles do you have? I am looking for all the information I can to prepare me for the future I have set for myself!!!

2. corvette

corvette What's a Dremel?

if your going for a job which uses ms products then u wont have a properlem as this is a certificate tellin the person u no what ur doing

job skills differ as some of the sections are elects ( thats how it works in oz ) it is worth gettin but try to go for both so u have 2 under ur belt which would give u a better job offer

3. Wyzzord

Wyzzord What's a Dremel?

I am first going to get the MCSA and in a couple of months into my job will go and get the rest of the cert's to become MCSE. The MCSA comes with Net+ but I will also go for A+. I will have all of these completed by this time next year. After those sre completed...I will attend AID (Art Institute of Dallas) for my associates degree in Digital Graphic Arts and Devry for a BA in CIS. These are ambitious goals I know but This is the path that I have set for myself and I WILL follow it!! I am 25 now and will be done by the time I am 30 or 31. To me...that is not that old and will still have a long career life left (if God willing that is)?!!

I thank you for your feed back and welcome much more if you have it...like your experiances with the MCSA/MCSE??!!!

4. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

MCSE's are ok, but having one doesn't prove that you know what you are doing esp with brain dumps. I've worked with ppl who have MCSE's some know PCs well and others know Jack Schitt.
    One fellow knew OS's well but knew feck all about hardware he didnt know the difference between epp, ecp and spp, most employers in the U.K at least look for experience and qualifications.

5. Wyzzord

Wyzzord What's a Dremel?

I know what you mean!! the field that I am in now is FULL of bullschitters...that is what the salon buisness is all about!! I know alot about hardware and quite a bit about software. I have built custome comps for people for a while now and always find something new that I don't know but, at least I am will to find out what it is and how it works rather than bullschitt my way around it like alot of others do!! Everyonce and a while I get a meanstreek and go to stores like Best Buy and Comp USA and talk to the sales people about a computer they are trying to push on me. I ask them simple questions and find out they don't know what DDR is, or what FSB the CPU is using. I don't feel that these people should be selling something that they have no idea about. I certanly wouldn't try to sell somebody a crane for a construction job and thats what they are doin'!! Well...enough with my byching! I thank you Herbs for your input and hope to here more from ya'll!!

6. Phil

Phil What's a Dremel?

I am just about to take the Network+ and A+ Exams (as soon as i have the 300 quid for the exams)

N+ and A+ count as two electives towards the MCSA or MCSE

once you have N+ and A+ you just do the three core modules of the MCSA, and you're done !

then you only need two more core modules for an MCSE, which is better.

Beware of training companies, there are so many out there who will rip you off.

Also note you CAN take the exams without doing the expensive course and buying the expensive 'reading material' which isn't really very good.

Some places say you can't.

Look out for Wave and Prometric (both parts of the Thompson group) - they seemed to be fairly fair to me.

7. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

One bit of advice I can give you is not to base your CV on your MCSE/MCSA, use it as a sweetener but don't rely on it. Most employers today are experience orientated as someone has already said. I fact in the industry MCSE is sometimes referred to as "Must Call Someone Experienced". It's good, but back it up!!!!

Good luck with your studies BTW, keep us updated!

8. Wyzzord

Wyzzord What's a Dremel?

Thanx and cheers to Phil and Fly!!! I apreatiate ya'll input and will keep ya updated. I have already started to study. They start us out with a class on hardware/sogtware. It is EXTREAMLY detailed!! it is not required for the MCSA...but the teach it anyways!

9. dwace

dwace What's a Dremel?

Certified???

Wyzzord,

Ah!!! I was on that road a eons ago. It's good that you’re getting your certifications because that will separate you from the pack; I promise you that. I've got my A+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNE, CCIE, CCNA. Currently going for my M.B.A. in MIS at DePaul University in Chicago. I work for the Government and boy I can tell you stories.

Always seek to increase you knowledge, especially in front of your boss or whom ever you work for. It helps you and your employer to know that your attempt to keep current will help benefit the company.

One things for sure, know you environment and a job is more than a "technical fix" sometimes. Get use to the "PR" (People relations) work that is involved as well. You need to be able to work and communicate well with others this will give you an edge.

The network infrastructure that I work in is a critical one. ES Server (Enterprise Servers), Most individuals will never see these types of server in their life but the networking side it tough. You need to know you LAN and WAN it will make you very marketable.

P.S. If your seeking more knowledge in this area let me know. We can AIM or something.

-Spawnhunter-:idea: :idea:

Last edited: 14 May 2002
  10. Wyzzord

Wyzzord What's a Dremel?

Thanx dwace....Check your E-mail!!!!

Tags: