1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Mech nerds... GTFIH! [Hawken new news] [BETA!]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 11 Mar 2011.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Starcraft 2 had this problem too, they need to add a frame rate limiter in the menus.

2. Fantus

Fantus Nothing to see here...

There have been a few patches since so it would be worth checking again. It's a known issue though so it is being worked on.

3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Yes, and couldn't stand it. Your comment that it's similar is concerning, but I've got too much hope for this and still have to try it first hand!

4. Fantus

I wanted to thrown this open to everyone here:

I play as part of the Black Steel Brotherhood and we're looking for more member from the UK, EU and US. This page gives the best idea of what we're about.
    Primarily, we're about enjoying Hawken as a community. We welcome all players of all abilities, competitive or casual. If you want to get better at Hawken, we have some of the best players in the game who will be more than happy to give you tips and show you what's what.

We have a dedicated Mumble server which almost always has at least a few people on it, I'm about most evenings. There are no dedicated servers for Hawken yet but, as soon as they're available, we'll be all over that.

There are already a few US squads but I'm looking to build up the EU division so that we can get some squads sorted out for competitive play. As I said, though, the priority is community and enjoying the game.
    BSB are one of the most well-known clans in Hawken and widely recognized as being amongst the friendliest.

PM me if you have any questions.

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

This coming weekend and next weekend will give double Hawken Credits to players.

Additionally, check your email, you should get a 5,000 Hawken Credit boost to your account.

6. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Anyone else really annoyed by the turn speed limiter? It only engages when you move your mouse too fast in which case it actually slows your turn speed down.

Why couldn't they just make it a constant? Feels like my sensitivity is changing up on me.

7. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Is anyone still playing this? Just downloaded the installer...

8. Parge

Sure am! I'll be on tonight, think my name is Penderyn if you want to add me!

9. Fantus

I won't be on tonight but I'm on most of the time :thumb: Fantus_Longhorn in Hawken, feel free to add me :)

Penderyn....:idea: I'm sure we've met in games a few times, the name rings a bell at least.

10. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

I just got an email about this now being on steam. Anyone still playing?

11. Parge

Sadly not, I've moved onto Mechwarrior Online which, for me, is a far superior realisation of online Mech combat.

12. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

i used to play it but i uninstalled the game after the patch(that came with move to steam), its totally different game now...

13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I'm really disappointed that this game doesn't have a single player campaign. It looks really nice. I've played through the tutorial a couple of times but I'm not that interested in the multiplayer.

14. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Yep, me too.
    Hawkens "feel" is more of a powerarmoursuit than a mech.

15. Parge

That’s a very good description of it. I mean, these are 100 ton robots, not gazelles.

16. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I'm with Pete J I think the game would be better suited to being a single player game like Heavy Gear.

It been a long time since I last played played Hawken but I didn't really like the slow restrictive movement in such confined spaces, I've no idea what the game is like now perhaps it's different to back then.

I never liked the F2P model and I'm not really interested in any more grinding games as World of Tanks has already stretched my patience.

17. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I thought Hawken was a free to play title, am i mixed up with something else here, Steam want £22.99 for this ?

18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

^You get a load of mechs, guns and equipment that you would otherwise have to grind for.

19. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

OK got ya, i was looking to try the game as free to play but the price has put me off a bit

Cheers

20. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I've just reinstalled after a long time away, had a few fun close battles, I thought it was pretty good, not sure I'll stick around to grind out every unlock, but for a game to dip in and out of it seems pretty good.