1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Mechanical Keyboards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Raptor77, 27 Dec 2011.

1. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Err, not sure, got it from Ducky Nordic a while back.

I got 4 screws in, the other two only half of the screw hole is visible, and I can't seem to position the board in the case so all of them are lined up.

2. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Just got a couple of PCB's to try building,

Got the JD40 and the CTRL ALT 60 boards should both be fun to build when i get my mits on em

3. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Back in the MX club with a Quickfire XT which will probably be delivered on Tuesday. :D

4. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

nice board! I have one with blues on it, don't use it nearly enough but nice to type on.

5. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Aye it was a no-brainer really as I wanted browns and the board was cheap in Scan sale (£63). I went to Maplin before I committed and they had a selection of Vengeance boards; the K60 and K65 at £69 look really nice with the brushed aluminium case but *ugh* reds... no spank you.

My bro is keeping his G80 with blues so it's nice to know I have access to blues whenever I feel like a bit of a click fest. I just LOVE the blues for typing.

Now I need to get back into the MX groove and get myself into the purple/CMYK modifiers club... or maybe even go all out and get a full set of something. Hmmm.

6. Margo Baggins

They are really really really decent boards - especially at that price. It's the board I recommend to anyone wanting a fullsize board, even over filco's. A cheap upgrade for it is one of the custom controllers from GH - makes it a fully programmable board, which is awesome.

7. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I also got a cheap Razer blackwidow TLK with the new switches Going to give it a try and see if it can work as my gaming pc board, maybe my flico can become my work board and if not my GF can make use of it

8. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Suddenly I find myself really wanting the Penumbra mods. No idea what alphas or board I'd pair them with though!

9. Margo Baggins

They are SA profile, doesn't really work with any other profile so you'd ideally need to stick them with some SA alphas, or the filco SA caps.

Went and got myself a cheat didn't i :D Which has a half plate, and is badass.

[​IMG]

10. KidMod-Southpaw

Time to track some down me thinks! I just adore the mods!

That cheat looks nice! What're the plans for it?

11. Margo Baggins

I don't really know. Typing :) expanding my keyboard count haha. I am using it now, I don't think I am going to use anything else for a while, and, I really need to get rid of some keyboards. I have a box called "keyboards" that was the largest box I had to move houses with - I have 8 keyboards on my desk in front of me, that aren't in that box, and that box has not even been opened since I've lived in this house. Which means, surely, everything in that box, and some of the 8 keyboards I have in front of me, can go. But it's not that easy as apparently I am a massive hoarder.

12. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Kid, I have the whole set, including white alphas, tenkeys, and tsangan but not Dox or ISO of Penumbra which I am considering shifting. Might that be of interest?

13. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Just took delivery of my XT... typing on it now. Browns are a lot (A LOT) lighter than I remember, but that's probably because I've been using the Alps board for the last few months. And just as I was getting used to ANSI, it's back to ISO for me. Eep!

The XT is wonderfully compact for a full size keyboard and I already love it. :)

14. KidMod-Southpaw

Sounds good! I'd probably only be interested in the mods though. I'm just not a huge fan of the alphas with the larger lettering. Either way I'll have to get a few other things shifted first. :D

15. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Sorry mate - I will only sell it as a complete set - I don't want two lots of alphas and no mods left!

16. KidMod-Southpaw

I'll have a think then. :thumb:

You could always get in to keycap furniture with all the spares, right? :p

17. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

It's very quiet in here!

Life update: I now live in Sheffield and need to change my shipping address for about 8 different group buys...

18. shrop

shrop El Jefe of Sleeving

I've not poked my head in here for a while, so damn busy with work, on a Sunday too :/

Also, typing on my HHKB hardcore now, my V60 hasn't been typed on for 2 weeks. HHKB 2stronk

19. Margo Baggins

I haven't used my hhkb or my realforce for agesss. I can't stop using my Cheat or my GON :)

20. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

I notice a pattern here :p