1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Mechanical Keyboards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Raptor77, 27 Dec 2011.

1. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

So I tried going mechanical a few years ago with a Corsair K63 but I didn't get in to it and found it too loud, but it appears my ancient cyborg V3 is getting a bit flakey and now I'm considering converting again.

I'm looking for basic KB with a num pad, backlight appreciated although I don't care for the current RGB frenzy, and something not as loud as the K63.

My quick Amazon search brought up a Logitech G213 or G413 or a Corsair K60 (Brands I know and have used before)

Let's get down to it, switches, what colour am I looking for?

2. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

If you want something quiet then try MX Silent Red (sometimes called MX Pink). Unlike fitting o-rings to the underside of the caps which makes the switches feel all mushy and awful, these have sound dampening built into the switch themselves. I've fallen hard for them and now own two boards with them in

3. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

*Warning - lightweight mech board topic*
    Having sold my Corsair K65 TKL and looked around for a replacement TKL board with RGB, I've a couple of disparate choices in mind. I'm not trying to go hardcore and not willing to cross the 'serious' mech board rabbit hole event horizon!
    Cheapo option - Drevo Blademaster TE with Browns at £65
    Higher end option - Steelseries Apex 7 TKL with Browns at £145

The 'Inner Magpie' likes the lighting and also the Apex volume knob/OLED, but all I need is something I can game on in lower light and type on that is not as clicky as Blue, but more force than Red

I'm also looking at a Ducky TKL on Ebay that would do, but it has no media keys.