1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Mechwarrior 5 announcement soon?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Jul 2009.

1. aron311

aron311 What's a Dremel?

SAAWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

2. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

It seems that the news article page wont load :(

I wanna see the teasers!!!!!

3. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    I am really interested on why would you say that.
    Arent you confusing MW4 with MechAssault?

4. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

Q&A with the developers:
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/100/1002164p1.html

Two more videos, Unreal engine based:
    http://media.pc.ign.com/media/018/018954/vids_1.html

Bad news is that is also being developed for X360, so lets pray that the PC version is not a console port:
    Also, they are thinking on PC vs. X360 multiplayer:

5. impar

impar Minimodder

6. FeRaL

FeRaL What's a Dremel?

Now that would be awesome! That was definitely one of those games that put Monolith on the map.

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

no, MW3 felt like a sim, managing you heat/ammo/ trying not to slip over and catching an LBX 20 to the leg causing your mech to topple over with a thundering crash which left you in a panic as you struggled toget back up.

MW4 your mech fell over the camera jumped to 3rd person as you watched your mech tumble across a playground like a thrown toy.

same with destroying a mech, in MW3 it was immensly satisfying watching a mech stagger and tobble to the ground with a crash. where as in 4 it was like it had been roundhoused to the face before explosing in an almost comedy-esqe pop.

8. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Yeah, Mech 3 felt a lot more 'real'... for lack of a better term. Mech 4 was a bit dumbed down, but it was still fairly satisfying.

MW2Mercs is probably the one that sticks out most in my mind on the sim front... that game was devilish...

9. AdeptusMagus

AdeptusMagus What's a Dremel?

Mmmm mechwarrior5, Been waiting tooooooo long for such a game to be relased. mech4 vengence was prolly the best game ever made far as first/3rd person shooters go (my opinion) mw4 mercs kept it reall but very....cartoonish. watching the 2/3min trailer for this new relases had me drooling and itchin to strap in like a cured junkie going thru relapse. I cannot wait, Only thing i fear is EA games screwing it up somehow, cuz we've all seen em do it to would be epic games that turn into total failures b4 :cough> crysis: As long as they let Smith and Tink do what they want, I dont see their logo being too much a problem. Non the less I'll have it preorderd on day1.
    To the less exprienced audience that only played mechassult. Do not compair it to Mechwarriorr... MA was just horrible and as stated b4, If its a joypad game its not mech.

Màgúš™

10. Syncraider

Syncraider Sync

New Mechwarrior Installment

Been looking forward to a new PC platform release. Should be loads-o-fun.
    [​IMG]

11. fuguzawaz

fuguzawaz What's a Dremel?

I personally think that the reason MW2 and MW3 were so good is because they were SIM games. Although i liked MW4, MW4Mercs, and i was intrigued by it being on Xbox (Mechassult), i feel that if they make MW5 a Sim game it CAN be better than MW2 and 3. Not to mention the awesome graphics are a +. If they do it right, it can be awesome, but lets hope they revert back to the original concepts of 2 and 3. I will buy it no matter what though, just cause it's MechWarrior.

Tags: Add Tags