1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Medal of Honor Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 12 Oct 2010.

1. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

2. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Wow... that review was possibly the most negative I've read here, bar the Silent Hunter one :p

Removes from possible buy list

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Huh. Sounds just like the Bland of Bland with extra Bland I expected it to be.

Cheers, Bit-Tech, for reinforcing my beliefs with a nice review!

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

bland, unoriginal and dull, sounds like it was made for the console market

oh wait. :duh:

Zurechial likes this.
  5. dactone

dactone dact-one

hahaha ! looks like im left with black ops to look foward to then' wont be buying this .

6. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

Turret sequences need to die in a fire. They were the bane of Red Dead Redemption as well.

7. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I really hate FPS games atm. I full believe a game should stand up on merit of single player alone yet every FPS game of recent is an "online mulitplayer experience" with single player bolted on. Developers are spending no time fixing storylines or offering up challanges. I miss the days of timesplitters where you had random challanges or half life where you had an epic story. How many more online based shooters can this market take?

8. Canon

Canon Reformed

It's broke.

9. Kempas

Kempas What's a Dremel?

Nice review Joe - a good read on, obviously, a game to forget.

10. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

So you enjoyed it immensly then Joe?

11. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Game of the Year

The alternate opening to this article was a long-winded apology for the fact that I ran out of synonyms for 'bland' and 'boring as shite' at around halfway through the second page

Zurechial likes this.
  12. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

"Of course, to make the AI actually do that then you’ll need to kill everybody yourself beforehand, as the NPCs are apparently incapable of doing anything for themselves."

Isn't that the same with almost all games? And the same old problem that every NPC only seems to attack you. And its pretty much the same as COD, waves and waves of enemies until you take that extra step.

I'll be buying this for MP atleast.

13. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

Damn, I cant cancel mine, its in packing.

14. Havalynii

Havalynii What's a Dremel?

Just a quibble, tracers are still real bullets that kill the target, they just have an additional chemical compound to show the path of the soldier's fire. Perhaps you meant blanks?

15. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

pwnt.

This review confirms what I had been expecting from this game and I find it satisfying to see it getting some strong criticism.
    Now if only the unwashed masses would actually pay attention and comment with their wallets instead of mindlessly buying whatever crap the publishers serve up to them we'd really be getting somewhere..

It'll be funny to see how many 9/10 reviews it gets from the usual industry sycophants elsewhere.

16. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

"It’s all a load of rubbish, really, all of it. The action, the graphics, the stability, the marketing push that has seen EA label the Medal of Honor series as a way to honour the armed forces, the spelling of ‘Honor’; it’s all rubbish. "

I had to do a double take on the first few lines as I don't think I've read such a vitriolic review on here before...

Fair enough, if it's crap then it's crap... I suspected as much anyway.

I'd agree on the point that the genre is tired and in need of something new.

I have my doubts the latest implementation of "modern shovelware" will be particularly impressive, as well.

17. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

The whole games industry needs a kicking, more change is needed, every game is like every other.

Are we stuck?

18. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades Dreamer

I have to say that I'm personally sick to death of all these samey me-too military-themed first-person shooters; once you've played one you've pretty much played them all. The single player component is frequently short but forgettable and most of the effort goes into the multiplayer, which I have little interest in anyway as they're all the same thing; run around a constantly repeating map, shoot people, die, respawn and repeat until session is over. I can't think of anything more boring.

The summing up paragraph of that review says it all really. I had no interest in Medal of Honor (or Call of Duty: Black Ops for that matter) before I read the review and I have even less after! I'll save my money for more entertaining and interesting games, thank you, EA.

19. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

I find it funny that EA managed to dupe you guys who ordered it.
    Guess money isn't that tight after all.

20. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Aside from the occasional flare of swiftly ignored brilliance, we've been stuck since the mid-90s.

Tags: Add Tags