1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Medal of Honor Warfighter Ammo Box

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ozzylow, 2 Jun 2012.

1. ozzylow

ozzylow What's a Dremel?

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Yes i know this is forum is mainly focused on PC modding, i have followed this site for a long time now and posted a few Xbox cases before. I get a lot of my ideas from PC modders and follow a lot of there builds. If this is in the wrong section and you would like it removed, please do so.

New project for the month, this will be based on Medal of Honor: Warfighter developed by Danger Close and published by EA.

The Xbox 360 motherboard will be placed inside an Ammunition Box

I have done this before, but used two ammo boxes that were stacked on top of another. I was happy how this turned out, but I know there was plenty of room for improvements, This time going for a cleaner, single box look with a theme.

[​IMG]

The ammunition box will need to be shortened in length as it is too long

[​IMG]

Controller compared in size to the case

[​IMG]

I removed the rubber seal around the lid, these cases are watertight the handles are tight on this case and its not something I want to struggle with opening and closing the case.

[​IMG]

Some of these designs will be re done on the case once finished, as well as some Medal of Honor based text and designs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Perfect condition inside the case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Medal of Honor Facebook

Medal of Honor Twitter

Medal of Honor Youtube

Previous projects

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ozzylow

ozzylow What's a Dremel?

Bought a new 4GB Xbox 360 S this week to use in the project, with the spare case I might make another built in screen for another project.

[​IMG]

There is a few Youtube videos showing how to take apart the Xbox 360 S. Ill show some basic pictures of opening the case.

Pry open the top grill

[​IMG]

Top and bottom surround

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Take care when taking the faceplate off as there is a ribbon cable that will easily tear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drilling out each of the small welds on the support bar, wanted a cleaner look on the case

[​IMG]

Pry it up and the bar should remove easily, with minimal damage to the case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ventilation holes

[​IMG]

3. ozzylow

ozzylow What's a Dremel?

Decided I will not be chopping this case, all that work to take out a few inches does not seem worth the effort. I don't mind a larger case. Support bar left some marks, sanded back what I can and will finish off with some filler

[​IMG]

Sanded back the lid and a coat of primer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. SilveR_172

SilveR_172 Minimodder

Ozy just seen you 7" mod on Xbox Scene i think , Love all your mods hope the last one went ok with no hitches un linke the Lian Li one =)

5. ozzylow

ozzylow What's a Dremel?

Yea I was pretty happy with the 7" screen, came out nice. Will be doing another one but different color in the next few weeks.

6. ozzylow

ozzylow What's a Dremel?

Still deciding on colours, I don't want to stick to the standard green again, maybe matte black or a dark grey with the stencil lettering and maybe some engraved badges of the Danger Close and EA logo's.

Thin coat of filler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. SilveR_172

SilveR_172 Minimodder

Whats the practical use for the 7" screen ? Looks awesome

8. Luciel

Luciel Needs more rust

I think the screen based one could have used a battery pack, that way you´re kind of making a portable 360 : )

But back on topic, why not give it a camo paintjob?

9. ozzylow

ozzylow What's a Dremel?

Just did it because i could. Would prefer bigger but i want it to fit.

Yes battery pack would be a good idea. I had a design for a screen and controller built into one piece. Now its just a copy of the new Wii.

Camo paintjob maybe, i'm thinking a Charcoal with white text and a bit of weathering

Small progress will have more tomorrow got some time to spend on my cases hopefully.

Etch Primer on bare metal then finished in Primer

[​IMG]

Motherboard will be mounted with some stand off's, will drill and tap these into the case. The disc drive will be opening and closing inside this case, not going to make it come out the top or side this time. Maybe next time on a better sized ammo box I will try this again.

There will be space for a controller and game cases inside. Store everything you need to play.

[​IMG]

10. JonDBurnett

JonDBurnett What's a Dremel?

this may be the wrong place to post this, but i couldnt figure out how to get a private message you you ozzylow. i was wondering if you still had your water-cooled custom xbox for sale. i couldnt tell from the ebay page if you ever sold it, and am very interested.