1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MediaPC Black

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Swampytoadstool, 15 Nov 2005.

1. Swampytoadstool

Swampytoadstool What's a Dremel?

2. Swampytoadstool

I decided to make another MediaPC a while ago..so i got the required parts. (galvanized sheet metal, angle aluminum, and screws.) Anyway, i had all the other parts i needed already, except for a small psu and a tv tuner, got the psu from newegg, and i'm waiting till xmas to get the tv tuner :worried: lol.

Ok, so i made the sheet that the motherboard mounts to first, and all the angle aluminum sides that go with it.

Picture time: Motherboard mounted to the bottom plate + bottom angle aluminum trim.

[​IMG]

Next i started making the front/side panels for the case, and the trim that connects them together.

More pictures:
    [​IMG]

then i bolted all that together, and made the back panel too.

[​IMG]

The hardest parts of this creation was definately the top panel, because i was including a plexi glass center from a window mod kit...and of course it was hinged as well. heres some pics of it coming together.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

took the film off the plexi.... :hip: :eyebrow:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Getting parts ready for painting, and the trim ready for polishing :D :worried:
    [​IMG]

Back from paint :D
    [​IMG]

Assembling the lid and case
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hehehe i had to take a break for a while when i got to this point b\c it looked so great compared to other things i've made :dremel:

i'll wait to show you the finished product.... :hip: :rock: the suspense is killing you isn't it?

project log discussion :::: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?p=1109412#post1109412 :::: Leave comments/ suggestions please :D

3. Warrior_Rocker

Warrior_Rocker Holder of the sacred iron

As far as MediaPC's go, this is one to follow, very impressed by your work so far, as the owner of the original of its design i give you an A+ :rock:

cant wait to see it finished, keep on :dremel: 'n

4. Hellboy787

Hellboy787 What's a Dremel?

Swampytoadstool... It looks great and I hope you finish it soon so we can see the final result......I just might start my own media centre... thanks for the inspiration..

5. DeLorean5000

DeLorean5000 What's a Dremel?

Looking good dude, i cant wait to come see it again. This kid has put in alot of work to this thing, it looks awesome in real life. :D Have you tried getting the spots off the plexi yet? And i thought the hardest part of it was me not stealing it :hehe:

6. Swampytoadstool

Thanks guys, i'll update again soon, waiting for more parts(lol)

questions/comments/suggestions? anyone?

7. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

You can pick up cans of lable remover from maplin's btw. I used to use it at work, and it cleans that sticky gunk off like anything, well handy for that PSU of yours. (And then you can use it to clean and polish just about anything)

8. Swampytoadstool

anyone have suggestions on where i should put fans? i was thinking about one in the plexi but idk...

9. DeLorean5000

DeLorean5000 What's a Dremel?

I think the sides would be better, the plexi is a pain to cut and may crack... it already did in one spot right?

10. Swampytoadstool

Yeah near the front edge, it's hidden by the trim though.