1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medieval 2: Total War

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 24 Nov 2006.

1. Hovis

Hovis New Member

The next big steps that CA need to make in the next Total War game needs to come from a switch to DX10 and some proper multi-core support. With those changes there would be a substantial improvement in the quality of the eye candy, both in the individual units themselves and their environments, and also from the potential scale of the battles.

The era is a tricky thing, but to be honest I'd be happy if they just continue to refine the Medieval setting. It's the best one and the only one that really works in my opinion. What makes the Total War games so compelling is the melee fighting, when your horde of little knights and peasants runs screaming into somebody elses horde of knights and peasants to stab their faces off. With that reduced to just the Napoleonic exchanges of musketry and bayonet prodding I don't think it'd be too exciting.

2. hughnme

hughnme New Member

Hi,
    I was just wondering if the game would be too hard for a complete newcomer to the genre?

3. impar

impar Well-Known Member

Greetings!

Dont think so.
    Just make the tutorial and switch Advices options to Tell Me Everything.

4. specofdust

specofdust Banned

If you're prepared to get stuck into it I don't think so no. The game designers do make a very good effort at helping new players, and while even then it'll be a challenge at times, you should find it enjoyable and get the hang of it soon enough :)

5. CowBlazed

CowBlazed New Member

Anyone ever play Imperial Glory? That is pretty much a Total War game set during the Napolienic times, didn't have as much polish but it was still pretty fun none the less.

6. Iago

Iago New Member

What battle? We all know Achilles would wipe his whinny ass all the way to Camelot and back... ;)

7. Garside

Garside New Member

The only problem with the mythical thing is I don't know of any mythical heroes from Spain or Germany etc..

8. airchie

airchie New Member

Last sentence sentence
    doesn't seem to make sense?
    Fixed

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Nov 2006
  9. specofdust

specofdust Banned

You can be quite sure there are a few.

I was actually thinking a bit about possible places that the genre could go, and it could probably actually go as far back as about 500BC in any of the interesting European countries, so I guess it still has a fair range of times and places to explore.

10. impar

impar Well-Known Member

11. impar

impar Well-Known Member

Tags: Add Tags