1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Memory Issues :(

Discussion in 'Software' started by Godboy_g, 6 May 2005.

1. Godboy_g

Godboy_g What's a Dremel?

I've got a good one. I've got a few machines that have been giving error messages saying that the virtual memory is low. Here's the wierd part, when I go into the task manager, there is nothing hogging the memory. The machines are IBM NetVista M41's with 256mb Ram, running win2k sp4. They have all critical patches installed.

I have tried re-creating the paging file, to no avail. I've even upped it to 1gb in size, and it still gets eaten up. If we re-boot the system, the problem will go away for a bit, but it will return in a day or so.

It's very frustrating. Is there any sort of tool that I could use to see how much memory is being used, and by what app. The task manager is either not showing all processes, or not reporting the memory correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

It might be clogged by rampant bunnies!

No, j/k, I know you though that was real.

Anyways it could be spyware just giving you headaches...
    download.com - spywareblaster, spybot, adaware
    downseek.com - regcleaner
    then defrag like 5 times

3. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

The paging file might be overloaded. Also there could be some software that has been closed but is still using the memory... Well you can download Lavalys EVEREST (home editions is FREE) that software will show you how much RAM memory and PAGING memory each process is using. You could also get some light program that defragments your Ram.

And if you're up for a hardcore rebellion against default microsoft settings you can go here and free up your memory.

Hope it helps, good luck. :rock:

Tags: