1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors mental car mods

Discussion in 'General' started by CsM, 20 Aug 2003.

1. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Nova you said...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Admittedly one of the better ones but still WHY???

(Don't worry about the images, these guys don't mind you using their images off their site)

2. samuelellis

samuelellis New Member

were talkign about hte nova that was released in britain

a good idea & a reasonable car

a small cheap runaround but then the modifiers got hold of it & ruined it

now you cant me a idiot without a nova covered in fibreglass 3 pairs of 6x9's ont eh parce shelf runing off a cheap amp

subs that are so cheap all you hear is distortion & the latest look at me im a hard rapper compelation that is beign sold to every idiot with a nova

/me hates the nova driver attitude

3. penski

penski BodMod

I Know I'm Younger, And Your Much Older
    You Look So nice On My Chevy Nova
    I'm gonna Take Her To The Lowrider Show, And Flaunt Ya
    I Gotta Tell Ya Lady

I Said I Want You Boomin' Granny
    Because I Need You Boomin' Granny
    Boomin' Granny, Boomin' Fanny
    Boomin' Granny, Good And Planty

Small hatchbacks + bad mods = laughable.

*n

4. samuelellis

samuelellis New Member

these is so much wrong with that it is unbelivable

5. SiMonTiST

SiMonTiST Member

Yes, that's a good, clean job and it's obvious a lot of work went into it, but it's still a nova, and it's still ugly :sigh:

6. MaximumShow

MaximumShow Member

Now I admit that these aren't the best examples of car modding, but why would anyone here be against the way someone modifies their car? I mean, many people here buy really cheap cases and modify them inexpensively. Some turn out good, some bad, but I never say "you must be an idiot to want to do that".

The vast majority of case mods are strictly for aestetic purposes, and add nothing to performance. Same with many car mod enthusiasts. Case modding and car modding are one and the same. It's just the urge to create something more to your taste than what you can just go out and buy.

IMO if you like case modding you can't turn around and tell someone that what they've done to the car is stupid. You don't have to like it, but at least give them some respect for trying.

7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

but with a car you buy the "case" and the "hardware"
    with a computer you can have top of the line hardware and buy a crappy case to mod.

in a car when you buy top of the line "hardware" you get it in a top of the line "case"

modding a nova would be like someone buying a crappy pre built pc from pc world or whatever and modding the case and keeping the internals.

modding a case is very different as well as there are no limits as to what you can do with it, you can basically make it into anything that the imagination can dream up. with a car you are pretty much limited to the basic shape of the original. if i was to mod a car i would at least pick something with a nice original shape.

8. penski

penski BodMod

I don't like case modding.

So I reserve the right to say 'That nova looks like a pile of ****e'

*n

9. MaximumShow

MaximumShow Member

I disagree totally. When modifying a car, the possibilities are limitless! the only restriction is your imagination.

Also, it isn't hard to put some amazing running gear into a "relatively" crappy chassis. My uncle is building a salt flat racer, using an old aluminum bomber reserve external fuel tank, for the body, and newer mazda rx-7 running gear.

Most people who mod cars put all new, and better, running gear in.

I don't see what is wrong with that either... some people can only afford inexpensive or cheap stuff, and they do the best they can with it. It's not the end product entirely after all, it's also the fun and challenge of doing it:D.

Besides, a lot of case modding was spawned as a direct result of hot-rodding or car modding. Car modding goes back to the '40s and earlier.

10. penski

penski BodMod

That style of modding, yes. I wholly respect someone who gets their hands dirty and creates something unusual or great (I've always loved salt flat specials :))

But at the end of the day, no matter how big the wheels are, how deep the paintjob is, how much fibreglass you've polyfilla'd to it...You're still driving around in a B reg Nova.

*n

11. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

and the wheels, headlamps, windscreen, windows, car layout and the law. im saying that when you modify a nova, in the end you will still be able to tell its a modified nova

EDIT: and im thinking that being from canada you probably dont know what the mentality of the 'nova driver' is in the uk, that is what is the worst thing about these cars. 'nova boys' arent get your hands dirty types, not the ones that slave away in the garage day in and day out to come up with something beautiful at the end. they are the types that put a large exhaust and spoiler on a crappy car, send it to a shop to get a body kit on it and get it sprayed a dodgy colour, then send it somewhere else to trim out the interior in an equally dodgy colour, and the put a "fast as ****" sticker on the back all the while when it has a 1.4l engine that puts out 72bhp (or 80 if they sprung for an induction kit)

exactly!!

Last edited: 23 Aug 2003
  12. |V| 4 L k i 3 R

|V| 4 L k i 3 R Member

It is my experience that there are 2 types of moding either for computers or cars or whatever....

1. Aesthetic Modding - You change the look of the object in order to make it look better/different to your tastes.
    2. Performance Modding - You change the working pieces in the object to make it work faster/harder/better.

Most people have a limited income and usually choose to do only one of these two options. Personally, I like option 2, but I won't tell someone not to do option 1. It's all personal preference.

13. -Rx-

-Rx- New Member

I think its an R32 skyline, the s13's are smaller and have popup lights :thumb:

edit.... here an s13 .... might be getting one soon...... :clap:

14. Shogun

Shogun Banned

wish i could have a skyline. Ultimate street racers car. Im sure you would agree.

15. penski

penski BodMod

**** street racers.

**** The Fast And The Furious.

*n

16. olv

olv he's so bright

lol. would u say you were a bitter person penski?

17. Shogun

Shogun Banned

rx how much do s13's cost about? i wouldnt mind having one.....

18. penski

penski BodMod

No...I just hate most people.

Street racers - if you want to drive fast, go to a track day, private road or take up motorsport.

TFATF - crap film that inspired so many crap cars.

If I see another 1200cc fiesta with a giant wing, sills, bonnet scoop, side stickers, 'NOS' sticker behind the wheelarches, 17" alloys and neon ****ing lights underneath it I'll knife it's tyres.

*n

19. olv

olv he's so bright

rofl :hehe:

20. samuelellis

samuelellis New Member

actually id do the same as penski

i mena there was a numpty on the max power boards askign for a nos kit on a 1.2 corsa ?!?!?! i mean wtf?

its hillarious reading what some people want to bolt onto there cars on that furm

Tags: