1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meredith Kercher - Did her killers escape justice?

Discussion in 'Serious' started by BadHead, 4 Oct 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadHead

BadHead Minimodder

What do the other people here think about the verdict in Perugia yesterday?

Personally, I think that Amanda Konx and her boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, got away with the murder of British Student Meredith Kercher because the police screwed up the investigation from the start. Of course, the Knoxs' publicity machine helped - And that she's attractive - And that she is white - And that she is Christian - And that her family had a lot of money to spend on her publicity - And, of course, that she is American.

PS. I would like posters to mention the name of the victim, Meredith Kercher ahead of, who I believe to be her killers. And it would be preferable not to mention Amanda Knox. We've heard her name more than enough over this coverage. And we'll continue to hear her name - in films, interviews, books, etc, etc, etc.. And she will get richer and richer and richer and increasing more famous until her image and her version of events take over everything. Eventual Meredith Kerchers name will be totally forgotten and completely ignored.

The victims name needs to be heard - and remembered.

2. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

I'm not sure whether she killed her. However, she did get her conviction quashed on disreputing evidence - I think, in reality, it doesn't disprove her from being guilty.

Not to mention all the reports have been on Amanda Knox - her boyfriend is mentioned very little.

However, I don't feel your wish of putting up posters is too clever. I feel searching for her killers is righteous, but not keeping "Foxy Knoxy" in the public eye. If she did it, more evidence will come out - otherwise, just ignore her. If she tries to build 15 minutes of fame out of a friend's death, I really would feel she's no better than the killer.

3. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

I absolutely do not believe the two Americans killed her. It seemed like a massive miscarriage of justice to put them down for 26 years, or whatever the original sentence was. They were friends with Kercher, not her murderer.

No DNA evidence (at least that wasn't jeopardised), no trace of anything in the room that was relating to Knox and her bf being in the room at the time they allegedly killed Kercher. The knife that had a trace of knox's DNA on it was 'contaminated', as the Italian experts said, so was completely unreliable. Same goes for the bra clasp. And also, knox, her bf, and kercher were flatmates, so obviously they would have shared cutlery etc, so who knows how it got there.

Surely, though, if the Americans had killed her they would have left something, like sweat, blood, hairs, finger prints, just something to say they were there at the time she died, but they didnt find anything conclusive, and they didnt find anywhere near enough to say they committed a brutal murder. Come on, if you kill someone in the manner Kercher died, your traces will be all over the room, no matter how careful you are. Hence, why the defence claimed exactly that - why was Guede's DNA everywhere, but the two American's not?

Guede even told his inmates that they didn't commit the crime.

I am glad they were aquitted because they were innocent as far as Im concerned. The prosecution made up a sick, deluded sex story that nearly cost the two Americans their lives.

Guede, the guy who is in prison for it, is probably the sole murderer. His DNA was found all over the scene, and on her body.

I was happy they've been acquitted.

Last edited: 4 Oct 2011
  4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I really dont care for them either way.

It does seem that they suffered a miscarriage of justice as opposed to being freed because of a media storm though, which is good.

5. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

The police investigation was a farce.

The DNA evidence did not implicate either of them, and there was no real evidence to suggest either of them were at the flat when the murder took place.

On the other hand, the person who was jailed for the murder *was* at the flat - his DNA evidence was all over the flat, he was placed in the flat at the murder, he'd previously robbed a flat nearby a few nights ago (so it's not like he was a whiter-than-white individual who was in the wrong place at the wrong time) and - if I recall correctly - he never even mentioned Knox or her boyfriend until he seen them mentioned all over the news. And as 3lusive mentions, he told people in jail that Knox and her boyfriend had nothing to do with the murder.

I heard today that 50% of Italian sentences get changed (shortened, acquitted, etc) on appeal. That's crazy! I think this case shown one thing: the Italian justice system is an oxymoron.

6. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I've got no idea who murdered Meredith Kercher but Rudy Guede remains convicted of the crime. What I do appreciate is that Amanda Knox remains convicted of the slander of Patrick Lumumba and will have to pay damages to him.

What I find sad is that those damages are limited to $30,000 because I feel sure that she'll make a lot more than that when she gets back home.

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Others have beaten me to it; Rudy Guede has been convicted on convincing evidence, whereas the "evidence" for Knox/Sollecito's guilt was extremely suspect. The media furore is to be expected from such a high-profile case and is, as far as I'm concerned, just noise. It does seem as though the original investigation was utterly shoddy though... Not sampling DNA evidence until 46 days later?! How was that ever admissable in the first place!

What amuses me is those who still claim that they "want to see justice done" or "just want the truth" when someone has already been convicted of the murder.

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Amanda Knox is attractive, white, Christian and American, whereas Meredith Kercher was... attractive, white, Christian and British? Not seeing where you are going there. The evidence was massively flawed. The courts have spoken. It is over. You can express your opinions, but please don't use this thread as a campaign for justice for the murder victim.

Mind the closing doors...

Last edited: 5 Oct 2011
    Bogomip likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.