1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Mesh Computers in administration

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 1 Jun 2011.

1. tom_hargreaves

tom_hargreaves Comfy shoe wearer

Crap systems and crap customer service - They got what was coming to them. I'm actually glad.

2. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Member

Ouch.

3. pizzanbeer

pizzanbeer New Member

Never bought a Mesh pc.I did buy a pc from ChillBlast a UK builder and it was a great pc.Had i8500 cpu and 8800 ultra card.The 8800 burned out and was replaced under warranty.2 year return to base warranty and the best customer service.
    My pc from theme still going strong and use it everyday for games and media.

4. warejon9

warejon9 New Member

Well i think if you let them choose what to put in it could have been bad, i bought one from them 7 years ago (athlon x2 5000) and appart from the graphics card dying it was really good (had Asus m2n32 sli deluxe mobo) That and also they used a crap CPU hs which at idle was some crazy 70c.

5. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

My second computer was a Mesh, first was Tiny. Both rubbish :p

6. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Active Member

Never had cause to use their customer service, but I was surprised after my Dad bought a P4 Prescott system running at something like 3.2GHz plus from them how quite it was. He has only just replaced it and it was running fine (but slow of course).

7. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Just to follow up on this point - desktop PCs have been in decline due to Laptop sales for years, Tablets aren't really having an impact.

To illustrate, when looking at physical and generalist online retailers (so excluding computer specialst online retailers), in the last twelve months the UK spent the following on computers:

Laptops (inc. Netbooks): £2,680 million
    Tablets: £276 million
    Desktop PCs: £971 million

8. Ergath

Ergath Giant Zombie Pigeon Photographer

I've had to fix a recent Mesh build for a colleague- the HD 4870 had got so hot that the fan shaft had melted... because they'd supplied a high-end gaming rig in a case with pathetic ventilation & cooling (one generic 80mm fan).

Good riddance.

P.S. My first PC was a TIny - it was a 486 Overdrive mis-sold as a Pentium 75 :)

9. sammyV

sammyV New Member

Mesh was the last of the UK's large-scale independants??

After Evesham went into administration in 2007, Mesh was the last of the UK's large-scale independent PC builders.

I think not - what about Novatech still going strong!!

Tags: Add Tags