1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Metal Gear Solid 4 is exclusive to PS3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 11 Jul 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S Well-Known Member

2. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Sony says: "Snake-san is coor. All your Snake are belong to us."

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Someone paid someone a lot of money... So much for Sony 'earning' it's exclusives... :p

Oooor! Possibly this whole thing was started by someone at Msoft who under instruction was trying to tempt Hideo Kojima into making it multiplatform by showing how many people wanted it...

4. ElZog

ElZog Defeater of Satan's Transformo Sofa

Remember some exclusives are more exclusive than others. Wasn't RE4 said to be specifically GC exclusive initially (not timed)? I reckon a year down the line we might see a port to 360, sure it's a long time but still...

5. wafflesomd

wafflesomd New Member

Every MGS game has been ported, I expect this one to be as well.

6. Brooxy

Brooxy Like a boss (but not a boss)

How long shall we give it, before Sony loses exclusitivity? (is that even a word?)

7. themax

themax New Member

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater says you are wrong wafflesomd.

8. knowyourenemy

knowyourenemy Professional Winner

Did they not say (LIVE) in that press conference, that Unreal Tournament 3 is also going to be a PS3 exclusive? If so, then the outcome is two-fold:
    1. Sony is now above George W. Bush on my list of people or organizations that I wish die in a car fire.
    2. My pants will no longer will be able to feel the blow of my load upon seeing UT3 running on my PC.

I call shenanigans.

Edit: Just a note, the only group to supersede Sony and GWB on my "die in a car fire" list are Pizza Hut employees.

Last edited: 12 Jul 2007
  9. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

That will never happen, firstly, Epic have always said that UT3 was first and foremost a PC game. Secondly, Microsoft got exclusivity to GoW.

EDIT: I just found the source for it over at Eurogamer, I haven't seen it elsewhere, but if it's true then my Avatar will change/

10. Tim S

Tim S Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that UT3 is coming out on the PC

11. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

This is the problem with bad reporting, I didn't believe it either, so I went hunting for the original press release

As you can see:

One of the sides though (which really is very very, very important) is this:
    Which is making me want a PS3 (I've wanted one since I knew UT3 was coming out because a PC upgrade is too expensive)

12. Edvuld

Edvuld New Member

FPS belongs to the PC scene IMO, just like RE and adventure belongs to consoles. (Once again IMO.)

I hope they make it awailable over multiple platforms.

13. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

It will eventually come out on other consoles but MGS to me has always been played on PS, so if it does come out on 360 ill get the PS3 version.

I hope to be playing MGS when I finally get a Ps3 for Christmas. Wife has said that If I get a Ps3 then she wants my 360 lol. Im not giving up my 360 and said can still play, but she does not want that, she wants it to be hers only lol.

14. devdevil85

devdevil85 New Member

Edvuld, idk how many times I've said this, but you can use a Mouse/Keyboard setup with the PS3 (of course it has to be wireless bluetooth which = $$$), so with that said, what makes FPS gameplay on PC any better than on PS3 because that's the only real reason isn't it, the mouse and keyboard?

Don't get me wrong, PC's are superior to consoles (in every way imaginable), but in terms of FPS gameplay the PS3 is equal (as long as have a Mouse/Keyboard setup).

15. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Its not just to do with the hardware, its to do with the design FOR the hardware. Console game developers know people have controllers, so they develop for them. A console FPS played with a mouse and keyboard is too easy and not fun, even if the PS3 can do it.

16. devdevil85

devdevil85 New Member

Yeah, you do have a point Joe. I've never played a mouse/keyboard FPS on the PS3, so I would probably assume it would be too easy than on PC, but wouldn't you think later on developers would add the choices 'Controller Mode' or 'Mouse/Keyboard Mode' to their FPS games (especially Sony) to help decide how the game should run, considering some people may be trying to use a M/K setup while playing it (espcially if the PS3 will allow for it)?

17. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Nope, I wouldn't think that. It would take too much time to rebalance the entire game, unless it was being rebalanced anyway for a port (which are ussually poorly balanced anyway), for what is probably less than 1% of PS3 owners.

It's like the wii, only a handful of games support the retro controller or all the unofficial device, most only support the chuck and mote because they know everybody has them. And thats with official devices, not just 'a bluetooth mouse/keyboard' which doesn't exactly narrow things down a lot for developers.

The whole point of a console game is you can target for very specific specs and hardware.

18. benjamyn

benjamyn New Member

theres more to PC FPS's than M+K, remember PC always gets the best user-created stuff and mods etc.
    Garys mod on the Xbox 360 version of half life 2? unlikely

19. Edvuld

Edvuld New Member

Yeah, I might be old-fashioned, but it just doesn't feel right. That said, I haven't played 360 nor PS3 at all.

20. devdevil85

devdevil85 New Member

Yes, but you pay more for the PC....trust me...like I said before: PC's are superior to consoles, but for someone like me, who's on a budget, I am really eyeing the PS3 even in-terms of FPSs because it will allow for a M+K setup, but like Joe said, PC FPSs are going to have the right gameplay/structure for a M+K setup vs. a console FPS which would have to take care of both worlds (of course they would put almost all attention to the controller setup and the M+K last)....so in the end (and this is if Joe is right...which he normally is sadly..hehe jk) PC FPSs also win in the gameplay category. I hope it's not true for future games......

Last edited: 12 Jul 2007
Tags: Add Tags