1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Blogins, 24 Aug 2015.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

The cargo + fulton makes those "Destroy the armour" missions soooooo easy, and pay so much goddamn more. Most of my GMP comes from selling tanks and other war machines. I swear, I'm more arms dealer than private army in that game.

2. oscy

oscy Modder

Walker doesn't have a relationship/bond.

It's a machine. >_>

Don't get rid of anyone. The base gets bigger, and then you get another base for multiplayer which makes even more space for bigger teams. It makes no difference getting rid of them anyway.

3. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

:waah: You'll never know our love.
    I didn't realise there wasn't a relationship there, I guess I assumed all the buddies had one and related the progression of unlocking upgrades as its relationship improving.

Just tried out D-Walker with the rocket launcher fitting last night, my god that's one lethal wrecking ball. :D
    I might have to give the flame-thrower a go next.

4. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

So I tried it out yesterday.
    Didn't go through whole beginning (running away from hospital bit) and for some reason I felt motion sickness - is there something particular in that game that it would make me sick? I was so surprised...

5. suenstar

There's been a few people around the net mentioning some motion sickness, particularly during the prologue sequence.

You could try changing the camera settings in the options menu, definitely turn off the camera shake and perhaps try lowering the camera speeds a little.
    May also be worth altering the motion blur settings in the graphics options screen.

6. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Every game I play, 1st thing I do is check if it has motion blur and turn that fudger off. Screen shake is a close 2nd.

7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

As Suenstar said motion blue etc if you kill those it should help. Thankfully its only the first few minutes.

Totally agree on the Cargo Fulton its brilliant one of the side ops where you have to remove a tank was brilliantly easy, took care of the sniper and his friend with the mortor then crawled up beside the tank an Fultoned it out much to the shock of the three guards then used reflex time to stun each one :hehe: its the look of horror on their faces that gets me.

Also noticed as I tend to do all my ops at night they all have search lights and NVG so pretty much all my detachment are doing is disrupting the supplies of them now.

Also anyone doing the side op for retrieving old DD members rather than having to stun them apparently if you go up to them in the magical box they get curious then realise its the big boss an salute you. Easier than chasing them around while they run like a ragdoll.
    Not tried it but ill do it tonight an see what happens.

8. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Alright, thanks. Like you said, it was just during intro sequence - I played next mission and it was fine.

Is there every mission starts with starring and producers titles? Little pointless I think...

Right now I'm in the middle of learn how to use HQ episode - listening to the tapes on the chopper - how the hell does this end? I listened to all sh** there was?

Really so far this game is a bit boring... I hope it speeds up later on.

EDIT: OK, got it, you need to pick a mission manually from the iCrap..

Last edited: 5 Oct 2015
  9. oscy

oscy Modder

Moan moan moan

10. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

:D

11. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I have finished couple of missions.
    Now, came back to mother base - what do you guys do here?
    I assigned more people to development team, but how can I get them up the level?
    Is there something that I need to do during missions? I noticed that I didn't finish all points in my previous missions, I guess I cannot return and finish those?

12. suenstar

With motherbase, you develop additional platforms to increase the staff capacity and fultron lift more soldiers to add to your staff.
    The levels increase as you get more highly skilled soldiers (no need to fire anyone really as betters ones automatically replace the low skilled ones).
    Certain platforms open up as you progress through the main storyline (e.g. the animal enclosures).

As the levels of your divisions increase, you gain more unlocked equipment for your character, buddies and helicopter.

You can return and redo missions if you want to do the optional side bits for a perfect completion.

Also if you're playing online, later on you will unlock the Front Operating Bases (FOB) which will allow you to invade the bases of other players and steal their stuff... note that they can do the same to you if you build an FOB.
    Personally I disconnect from the servers as soon as I launch the game, I can't see any reason other than quick resources to infiltrate another players base...

13. legoman

Im on mission 15 just after the caravan mission. Any tips for dealing with the soldiers in the Riot gear? tried shot guns and LMGs but they just get annoyed an shoot you back rather than dying. Only thing ive found that works is a rocket which isnt exactly subtle.

14. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Understood.

So how many levels/missions are there?
    Don't want to end up finishing game and not updated anything:)

15. oscy

oscy Modder

Stealth.

16. suenstar

There are 50 story missions (mission 51 was cut out of the game for whatever reason), along with 157 side-ops... though a lot of the side-ops are simply repeats of themselves in various locations.

Easiest way is to take D-Dog with you as he'll spot everyone within a fairly long range, you can then spend a minute or two tracking the paths of the roaming soldiers to plan a way in without crossing paths with anyone.
    You can still tranq the guys in full riot gear, just not easily in a single shot to the head because of their helmets (3 shots to the arm is the easiest method). Alternatively if you have D-Dog with you and have gotten him to like you enough, he should be able to follow the 'Bark' command to distract enemies.

Option 2 is to plant a C4 about 60-70m from the area, get in position inside the area near one of the walkers and then set it off just as you're about to lift the first one... everyone will be too busy looking over at the explosion to notice their walker being lifted into the sky.
    It's then up to you if you wait for them to be out of alert status before lifting more walkers or to go on a mad pillaging rush.

17. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Whaaaat! 51 missions?! COOL!
    So I'mnot missing anything just now, when I got 5 misions behind me and almost no upgrades.

18. creative

creative 500rwhp

Finding this to be a bit of a grind tbh. Doesnt hold my attention like witcher has. Finding it all a bit samey samey. Pain in the ass having to collect metals etc to progress and the map is just full of nothing....

that said my recovery of my system meant I lost over a months worth of witcher time! Not happy jan!

19. legoman

If your struggling on resources take D Dog out with you he finds everyone and everything. Nabbed me a load of Zebras last night :cooldude:

Quiet with a tranq rifle is so OP its comical though. Also if your struggling go back an redo missions. Re did mission 9 if you sit at the southern drop zone with EMP mines you can steal every vehicle, get the prisoner and the toys from the back of the truck without being seen by a soul. Two of the three tanks come past as well. I got bored an went after the last tank.
    Also a good way to get resources the bases all seem to have a few containers. Theres also a team on your base that generate resource an you can do combat deployments to get resource. Always plenty about!

20. suenstar

There's not much need to be overly concerned with picking plants and the small material packs scattered throughout bases. It's not too long into the game that you can send out teams from your base (via the iDroid) to go hunting for materials for you, then all you should concern yourself with is lifting the large containers to top-up resources with a larger cache every now and then.

I'd say all of the buddies are somewhat overkill in their abilities, maybe not D-Horse but the horse becomes completely irrelevant once you unlock D-Walker... plus if you take the riot shield while riding D-Walker you're basically invincible with armour in-front & behind you.

I do like Quiet's ability to take everything out, however she has the potential to make the game fairly pointless to play with how she can kill/neutralise everyone for you by simply setting her to cover mode.
    I think there was only one mission in the game where she wasn't able to outright win and one or two instances where she wasn't able to offer any support beyond distracting an enemy.