1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress METO V.3 - DnA (real thread lol)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by p0Pe, 16 Aug 2008.

1. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

im trying not to, i wouldnt want to work on it so hard that i get tired of it, and just finishes it halfways!

it would be a lot of work cutting the wholes bigger with all the hardware already being installed, and this way, they hold them self in place kinda:D
    are you from schefau:p? didnt get the last part about it being hard, but yeah, its a tuff route:/

thx:D
    my skiing is good IMO:p from top to bottom in 5.5 min on snowblades, and a little faster on carwin. thats a little over 5 km of routes :D but my overall control is quite good. a faceplant here and there is yet not avoided though:rock:
    but yeah... alot of danes SUCK at skiing, but we cant all be masters can we:naughty:

2. headala

headala What's a Dremel?

Wow, I really love this mod; it makes me wish I had access to a laser cutter!

3. Toxvaerd

Toxvaerd What's a Dremel?

Well i think we are excused. I live i a city that is 0,1m above sealevel, but ok i think i live in the most flat part of Denmark. We may have a few spots that are suitalble for skiing, but who wants to drive 100km to ski 30m down a hill... not me :D

Its really sad that your res was leaking pope. Was looking so cool, but so does your new solution. And it also gives you a little extra passive cooling. Cant have to much of that ;)

Very nice so far homie. Looking forward to see your progress with this.

And nice work with the flow test. Its cool that you can release the fittings fast and easy, but its just not worth the flow drop. No, use the old clamb style that Zalman used on the first reserator. Spilling of water, unhandy and time consuming... But didnt kill the flow :D

4. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

thx:D
    you are the first one to comment that flow test since i put it up lol!... but yeah... they are flow killers så det batter!

5. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

I tryid to take a few decent pics of the pc on the desk. On this on it actually looks quite standard except from the side window and the top res´s
    [​IMG]

And how it looks with the side panel off. I didn’t like the looks of the psu compartment, neither did I like the harddrive compartment so I decided to see what I could do about it

This was how it looked to start with
    [​IMG]

And after I worked a little with a black piece of acrylic
    [​IMG]

And gonna make another one for the hdd compartment… just have to dremel it into shape first:D
    Like this:
    [​IMG]

Sooo… I wanted more light in the case as the single led strip wasn’t enough
    Couldn’t find space in the case itself though:( the strips would either be to visible or to invisible!... so I mounted them on the side panel with a 3 pin fan connector so when I have to take the side panel off, I don’t have to cut it all up:p
    [​IMG]

Now I just have to get the wire that goes the remote control and find channel 2 on that one ó_ò
    Luckily I remembered wich one it was;P sort of
    [​IMG]

A soldering station really eases things up lol!
    [​IMG]

Weight -.-
    [​IMG]

And some bad night shots:( I want to have some really god pictures taken soooo baaad! You cant see jack of the light on these ones:/
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Okay.. this one sort of does it
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some blurry overall pics:)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy:) comments and questions is as always welcome:D

6. headala

headala What's a Dremel?

Looks great! I think I have the same soldering station! :dremel:

7. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

lady´s and gentlemens

a few shots since i didnt have time to go trough 150 pics @ 20mb. but better might come;)

i give to you

DnA

ill let the pics speak

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

for better quality click the pics;)

hope you like it:D more will come and then ill put this in the chest of finished mods!

best regards /0/

-p0Pe

8. brinkz0r

brinkz0r What's a Dremel?

Looking good sir :)

9. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

thx:) im gonna go home and watch the rest of the pics trough now and hopefully upload a bunch later on:D

10. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

thx:D always nice to hear:)

So fokes. This will be my final update on this mod.
    It have taken its time, and had its trouble but I think it came out quite nice! I am already looking forward doing another one, with all I’ve learned on this xD.

Not much to say, so I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves. Beware, there’s going to be a bunch;)
    some of the previous pics are showed one more time, but thats just to keep all the finished together:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks to everybody who has watched, commented and helped me with this mod! As usually the world wide web has a lot to offer and so have the people behind it!

and many many thanks to my sponsors!

www.CoolBits.dk

&

www.Matronics.dk

Furthermore would I like to thank Dennis from flex skilte for the help he did in the last hours, and Bo from Skjern Fotoklub

www.flexskilte.dk

www.skjernfotoklub.dk

I herby declare this mod, finished :)

Best regards
    -p0Pe

Last edited: 14 Feb 2009
Tags: