1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Micro ATX case, 1st time modding

Discussion in 'Modding' started by NoobNeb, 14 Nov 2011.

1. NoobNeb

NoobNeb Enthusiastic Lurker

Im thinking of modding my micro atx case so that it has a bottom mounted power supply that draws air from outside the case. I would also like to add more places to mount fans as I currently only have an exhaust fan.
    I was wondering
    1. if anyone could recommend some tallish case feet
    2. if it's possible to make a honeycomb design without going to a pro

Also which site is the best to buy modding parts from in the UK?? (or any country as long as they ship to Ireland cheaply)

2. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

3. NoobNeb

I like the look of these http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_8957.html but they're kinda expensive trying to spend as little money as possible to start with anyway
    I also like the feet this guy has http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t228/miahallen/MAX11Lv3/MAX11Lv387.jpg but I don't know if they could support enough weight I'll ask him where he got them
    Thanks a million for all the links it'll take me a while to get through em though :rock:
    The build log for Project Honeycomb is a great help too it's seems so simple when you see it done I'm surprised I didn't think of just lining it off :duh:
    Is SketchUp hard to use??

4. Guest-89078

Guest-89078 Guest

Sketchup is very easy to use. Just look at a couple of the tutorials

5. SuicideNeil

Heh, looks like that guy is using rubber door stops as case feet- they will easily support quite a bit of weight before they start to buckle ( and are cheap too ).

6. NoobNeb

I think so too Imma get some from my local hardware shop any day now

Can anyone recommend some dust filters or maybe a sheet of dust filter to go behind mesh??

7. SuicideNeil

I'd check ebay or those suppliers I listed- typically you will be looking for/at thin sheets of foam or very fine mesh which is used as fan filters- search term of 'fan filter' or 'dust filter' seems to turn up quite a few good leads on ebay. I wouldn't be too worried about specific types or materials as giving the inside of the pc a quick dust every now and then is still a good idea even with filters fitted to the intakes..

8. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Cheap tall case feet...
    PVC pipe will go as tall as you want. Just paint 'em black.

9. NoobNeb

What could I do for rubber feet underneath the PVC pipe??

Thanks SuicideNeil I'll start looking

10. NoobNeb

okay I changed my mind I think I'll move the PSU to a similar location to the Silverstone Raven RV03 I did a rough SU of what I might do the grey bits will be mesh and there will be room to mount rads on the left side panel I can't afford water cooling (unless I get sponsored to do this mod :p it could happen the chances are pretty slim for such simple mods but it could happen :hehe:)
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]