News Microsoft announces Surface Plus finance programme

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 2 Aug 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Staff Administrator

Read more

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Well-Known Member

It always amazes me how Microsoft try to behave like the market dominator whenever they enter a new sector.

They're clearly aiming at the Wacom Finance program (also run via Klarna, also 20% interest on missed payments), except Wacom offer more than one plan and you keep the devices at the end of the loan period. Or sell them on Ebay for 50% rrp like everyone else does to cover the deposit on the upgrade.

I'm not really sure what the appeal of paying for three and a half years to use two devices for eighteen months each is, especially with a six month period of overlap where you pay for two finance deals. Even if the Surface Studio was superior to Cintiqs (it isn't) this wouldn't exactly be an alluring offer. Oh well, some schmuck somewhere is sure to take it up.

Last edited: 2 Aug 2017
  3. jrs77

jrs77 theorycrafting

For private persons this is pretty much uninteresting, but for companies this is actually a pretty interesting, as you can deduct these lease-payments from the taxes way better than those one-time purchases.

As for the Wacom program and Klarna... I can buy anything through Klarna and pay them back in small monthly payments, given that the online-store provides Klarna as an option. I use Klarna very often, just not as creditor but as simple mediary as they add another layer of customer protection.

Tags: Add Tags