1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft bribes for Live search

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 19 Mar 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. BlueDemon

BlueDemon New Member

This is just... wrong! I sure wouldn't like to be an employee in a company that would require me to use Live Search.

3. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I use Live Search mainly because I prefer the site's setup to Google, it's a lot more flexible and has some nifty features. However Microsoft aren't going to catch up until they get the basics right, and I keep finding myself having to revert to Google when Live Search doesn't yield the right results...after all, the biggest part of a search engine is, well, its search engine.

<A88>

4. koola

koola Banned

Live search is franky crap. I use google because it's fast, accurate and has minimal ads.

Having to use a Win OS at work is bad enough, now they want to bribe companies to only use their search engine, please.. :eyebrow:

5. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

I like the idea of getting a corporate company to all use the same search engine, but their method to achieving it I dislike. It makes sense having all employees working from the same search engine - but at the end of the day, it'll be Google.

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

and once they have domination and knocked google out the market they will then force us to pay for a search engine. 10p a search?

7. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

The only way they can get people to use their search then?
    I will always use Google, it gets me what I need quickly and accurately. Every other search is either ad bloated or just plain crap.

8. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

and another search engine for the list for search engines that i will never use.

9. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

only bit of the live bit I have liked is the sat pics which seem in places to be higher res than google earth and have an ok interface.

Tags: Add Tags