1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft creating a virtual world?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 Oct 2007.

1. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

yup. that sounds right.

2. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

wow we really are trying to kill our selves and not socialize in the REAL WORLD, how sad....

3. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

4. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

I meant like a year time-span of things that need to progress for the console (of course most of it happening at or right after Xmas) such as games, Blu-Ray movies, applications like Home, The Eye, a price-drop in the US, etc. If these things flop then the console is pretty much going to stagnate, but I don't see that happening as Sony has been impressing me ever since they debuted the console itself (the PS3 is just an amazing piece of kit and its hard to deny it), trying to dig itself out of the hole it dug itself before the launch.....

5. Major

Major Guest

6. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

MS has live which works very very well for online gaming and a social aspect with unified friends lists and everything. It's great.

Sony have none of that yet and home is supposed to do the lot - that what I mean, Sony have a big job ahead of them compared to MS which all they have to do is a 3d chat room to compete.

7. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

it's more than just a 3D chat room Dark.......so MS would have to do a hell of a lot more than 'making the experience 3D' (it's not that easy) to actually compete and not look like they half-assed, all while offering the service for free to everyone, even the ones w/o a HDD (which idk how it'd be possible)......and tbh..MS doesn't have to do a darn thing....XBL (fast, reliable, easy) has its place and Home will have its......I guess all that money spent is getting PS3 owners something more for free...so that's good to hear....

Tags: Add Tags