1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft denies Kinect for PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 4 Jan 2011.

1. Bede

Bede Well-Known Member

Last I checked, arguing on the internet was pointless.

Picarro likes this.
  2. Picarro

Picarro New Member

+rep for reminding all of us of this ;)

3. Fizzl

Fizzl Member

To: The MS haters

I love my Kinect, it's quite fun and unlike the Wii the games don't have to look terrible and have near unplayable lag when things get complicated. (Resident Evil games were a prime example, shooting with a wiimote was great when it worked but often your gun was covered in thick syrup!)

Not many good Kinect games yet but lots of potential and Dance Central really shows off what it can do (and I'm ashamed to admit is quite fun), in the mean time Red Dead Redemption is a great game and not on the PC. I'm still a PC man however and would much prefer to hook it all up to a £1000 PC rather than a £200 console that is louder than my washing machine.

4. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

QFT

5. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

No it's not.

6. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

I hate when people do that why do you think its applicable to put a $ after the M when saying Microsoft?

7. devdevil85

devdevil85 New Member

I assume you are saying the PC version isn't as fun as the console version?

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Swings and roundabouts. All systems have their pro's and con's, although I think Wii and Kinect are the most elegant systems at the moment.

Anyone who thinks that Kinect is rubbish frankly hasn't got the imagination to think of what it could do. We haven't seen the really cool stuff yet --although some hacks are already starting to give us an idea.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Please don't feed the trolls.

Masterz I've sent you a PM warning you. Continue your flaming and trolling (and frankly anyone who uses the term "M$") and you can go elsewhere to do it.

10. Toploaded

Toploaded New Member

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Always worth a repost.

11. mastorofpuppetz

mastorofpuppetz New Member

Am you seriously warning/banning people for using M$? LMAo, wow, just wow.

12. ssj12

ssj12 Member

They are a greedy multi-billion dollar corporation that is full of patent trolls and bad business as seen with their stance on no Kinect for PC? Who also doesn't give a damn about their customers. Google, Sony, and Nintendo at least tries to please the masses.

13. Toploaded

Toploaded New Member

I'd say that Sony are every bit as capable as upsetting there fan base as M$ MS. I'm still pissed about losing my Linux support.

14. Woodspoon

Woodspoon New Member

Narrow minded? charmed I'm sure.

MS surface technology / interface / software or whatever you want to call it would be a better bet for the "minority report" style interface.
    Even with the usb bandwidth opened up for the use of finger tracking something like a kinect would be nowhere near as accurate as a keyboard and mouse or as usable, there's a reason they've lasted so long as the main choice, they are simple and they work very very well.
    It's not narrow minded to use the best effective system available, it's common sense.

15. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Reality check: all big companies are greedy, multi-billion dollar corporations that don't give a damn about their customers (for a given value of...). Pfizer, Nestle, Apple, Microsoft, Google, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Macdonalds, Disney... the list goes on. And I haven't started on the non-US companies yet. Feel free to lump in all pharmaceutical companies, all supermarkets, all oil companies, all car manufacturers, the whole food and entertainment industry.

Vote with your wallet. Be an informed customer who makes sound judgements about what they buy (or not), and why. But there is no point bleating. This is capitalism; these are the market forces. Love it or leave it.

16. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I can see why they're keeping the Kinect separate between the xbox and PC but it seems very stingy.

Never forget that microsoft take a MASSIVE hit any time they get it wrong, so maybe letting people play around first is a better idea?

What would they actually loose from not bringing them together, all the kinect PC adaptions are running on windows using a (MS) Kinect so they've already made their cash, why spend more?

17. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

T'was a joke but like the image ;)

18. Picarro

Picarro New Member

People seem to miss the point here.

The goal is not to replace the mouse or keyboard - but to have enough input devices to make it comfortable to interact with a computer at all times. If I am sat infront of my computer - yes a keyboard and mouse would be the quickest but if I want to browse through my film catalog from the couch I would much rather just swipe two fingers infront of me and watch the films go by.
    The again, if I had to organise a multitude of pictures into different folders it would be great to have a minority report style wall to display all of the pictures on and then drag them to whatever folder I would like to place them in.
    While the PS3 Move and WiiMote gives a better impression at the moment, Kinect is the future.

Imagine coupling Kinect with a mindcontrol headband (that actually works) and then play Counterstrike. It would be absolutetly effing awesome. This is the reason we need things like the Kinect. The more the boundaries are pushed - the faster the technology is adopted.

19. mastorofpuppetz

Reality check, some companies are much worse then others, MS is one of the worst with their unhanded business strategies, and general arrogance, apathy. For a company with such vast financial resources, they surely fail an awful lot, good thing their windows monopoly keeps then rich, they have been living off it since the 80's.

20. mastorofpuppetz

Kinect the future, unmm, no, its gonna be just a pointless accessory in the long run.

Tags: Add Tags