1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft halts production of the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition and Xbox One X

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 20 Jul 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

No more Live Gold? I've just got a little bit grumpy.

3. Osgeld

Osgeld Minimodder

I cant be assed to comprehend XBOX names anymore

4. thewelshbrummie

thewelshbrummie Minimodder

The naming scheme makes sense if Microsoft do go the route of ending generations and in a few years we get a Series X2 and, assuming the Series S is a thing, possibly a Series S2. That way they could easily turn game minimum requirements into something like on PC so that an Xbox game might require "Series X or later" or "Series S2 or later". Right now the naming scheme seems pretty weird but I'm guessing in the long run it might work out.

The 12 month gold service being dropped though isn't good news - unless multiplayer gaming is being made free, which I doubt. Just by charging quarterly increases 12 months service by more than 3 times. GamePass really doesn't interest me, neither does xCloud, especially as since having moved to the US my Internet is now data capped to 1TB (the temporary lifting of that ended on July 1st). We're already at over 900GB streaming thanks to being stuck at home due to Covid so it isn't going to make me happy - I guess though it's the final push I need to get a gaming rig build this side of the pond.

Tags: Add Tags