1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft launches Vista compatibility tool

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Jul 2008.

1. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

Getting a new XP machine in at work for the accounting department on Sage's reccomendation. Apparently they are having minor problems with Vista.

Not going to do well in the business market if Sage is recomending XP

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I wonder if this tool will work under Vista... you know to certify that my Vista machine will run Vista fine. :lol:

3. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

In what way is this different from the upgrade advisor app which has been out for like 2 years?

4. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

As I am sure I have said before, Microsoft's own fingerprint reader doesn't work with 64 bit Vista. I am sure I will buy another MS OS though.

5. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

I had wondered the same tbh :S

6. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Most things run fine, but some older games (read most) don't work, wanted to play the three Homeworld's as I have never got around to completing Cataclysm so haven't started Homeworld 2.

When I get a new HDD I can free up some space on the main rig and dual boot with XP.

7. MrMonroe

MrMonroe New Member

No software is perfect 18 months after release. What's really appalling about this is that people aren't complaining that the software doesn't work, they're complaining that it has compatibility issues with certain programs and hardware. (The vast majority of which is also not compatible with OSX, incidentally)

The one thing that really gets me is that Vista won't recognize my old XP partition on an older HDD. That's unreasonable.

Tags: Add Tags