1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft launches Xbox 360 Sky Player

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 27 Oct 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Teq

Teq Member

Disappointed with the lack of Sky One and the Sci-Fi channel, Discovery needs to appear if Sky wish to peak my interest in this package, or at the very least reduce the price...

3. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

As per the other thread in the Gaming forum, I'd love to play around with this but the Sky end is completely screwed :( Sky Player on the web and mobile keep going down today and the 360 service hasn't worked once for me yet. I just get network errors. A quick search on the internet (try #skyplayer on twitter for example) shows that hardly anyone has been able to get on it . Rubbish launch tbh.

4. Hg

Hg The game known as life

poor line up of channels tbh, have yet to play around with it as i'm currently at work but the channel list doesn’t want make me want to pay to use this service.
    You get far more for your money, if you were to buy a 12 month sky+ package for your TV, and I think they’re not doing any favours for there existing customers by making them pay more for this service on the xbox.

5. p3n

p3n New Member

360 is far too noisy, M$ can smb...

6. Byron C

Byron C *psst!* This guy is a loser!

Umm... A live steam?

7. Denis_iii

Denis_iii New Member

disappointing but with time all the content should become avialable I hope but never on pay n go as i want

8. Bursar

Bursar New Member

The article is a little misleading. You only get 'free' live streaming if 1. You're an existing Sky subscriber, and 2. You have a Gold Live account, and 3. You either have Sky Broadband Unlimited or a multi-room subscription.

If you get your BB from another provider, and don't have a multi-room sub, then it's £9.75 a month to watch live TV. You do still have the option of On Demand programs though.

9. AngusW

AngusW mmm

Meh if i had the money to pay for this i'd be aswell just going with a sky box...

10. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 New Member

Could it be the loudest, most unreliable sky box ever made?! ;)

11. Joeymac

Joeymac New Member

Oh I get it, because the 360 is unreliable and noisy. Yeah, 2007 was funny wasn't it. :rolleyes:

When does this service start via Windows 7 media centre? That would be more useful for me. I'm not going to download their crappy sky player software but via media centre I might use it for the on-demand stuff.

12. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 New Member

Glad you've caught up.

julianmartin likes this.
  13. Bursar

Bursar New Member

My Elite is more or less silent. It certainly doesn't make any more noise than the PS3. My Premium on the other hand...!

14. Teq

Teq Member

^ It is already available on a Windows Media Center PC with the right hardware though the legality is a grey area

15. Hex

It's been removed from the dashboard now as it clearly doesn't work. Hopefully they won't put it back on until it does!

16. scarrmrcc

scarrmrcc New Member

so, wait.... this system allows you to watch Tv on your xbox.. that is connected to the ...TV?

why not just turn the system off?

17. Hex

Because some of us live in areas that don't like the pikeydish look. No matter how small the dish is, we can't have one on or near our house. No cable here either so all I have is freeview and the internet.

Last edited: 27 Oct 2009
  18. rollo

rollo Well-Known Member

no hd content

makes it instant no no

no sky one ? no sky fi?

already got multiroom like and hd boxs in most of the rooms. So rather irelivent. But still they could of done better channals. The dish is so small is irelivent these days.

19. Hex

I'm in now. Still doesn't work (now it says 'coming later today') but as I'd already downloaded the app I can see all the options and shows available. Some stuff under 'On Demand' only has the option to subscribe to watch it though, which seems a bit wrong and not very on-demandy.

20. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Dont they ever test these things enough, time after time they release somehting that doesnt work, and im not just moaning about MS, im moaning about everyone.

edit: Let me get this right. You have to be a xbox live Gold subscriber and have to pay £15 a month ontop for Sky? What is the point? Why do only gold members get access to a service you still got to pay for? I dont get it.

So what happens when your xbox live runs out and you dont want to renew? That means your still have to pay for your sky subscription eventhough you can no longer access it.

If thts right then its very backwards and will annoy consumers.

Tags: Add Tags