1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft picks Windows 10 Build 10240 as RTM

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 16 Jul 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

My guess is that it's the version that gets sent to manufacturing partners, but not the version that customers will receive or be using after buying said manufacturing partners PCs.

What with Windows being a service now I'm guessing that RTM build number will be superseded if not before the 29th, then certainly within the first few weeks/month, I just hope the manufacturing partners bother updating the RTM build before their customers take ownership.

3. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

What exactly is the procedure for doing full clean installs off a flash drive with W10?

I have the upgrade reserved for download but will MS Email me a serial key with a link to a full ISO as well? because I'd like the option of doing a clean format and install TBH.

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Honestly I don't know, I have 3 keys reserved on a single email address so I am hoping that we will just be sent a key and a link to a iso to download it to do a fresh install.

My dad is running a version of Windows 10 which does not have the watermarks on it anymore and whilst it's fine there are a few things that still, need abit of work but mostly it's just drivers that need updating for older hardware.

5. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

Are you sure your Dad just have removed the watermarks with a 'reg hack'? I'm running W10 on my Surface Pro 3, and it is still watermarked. Personally i like the watermarking if W10 is going to be a service then i like to know what version in running. Is been very useful during the Preview Program.

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

No the current build [10240] is definitely lacking the watermark or any 'Preview' designation, so barring any major problems it'll probably be the build released to the world at large at the end of the month...

And whilst a couple of things [mainly cosmetic stuff like icons] are a little unfinished, it's still [imo] considerably more 'finished' than 8 was at launch...

7. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

I will have to update my SP3 to see!