1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft quashes Blu-Ray rumours again

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 3 Apr 2008.

1. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

Just buy a PS3, GT5 is great fun and its the only BD2.0 player that streams all my dvd rips that I know of!

2. Leitchy

Leitchy Minimodder

"Until I have a totally unlimited, totally unthrottled high-speed (20mbit+, and proper 20mbit, not "20mbit if you sit right next to the exchange and the moon is shining just right") internet connection, downloading HD movies is not something I wish to consider."

Here here.

My Cable ISP (Smallworld) Promised 30mb speeds which I enjoyed which made the Xbox HD dream come alive, but then they cut it a month ago back to 8mb because they couldn't cope!!!!

3. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

add another +1 points for me, I guess this is the reason for M$ at the moment, the games don't need the BR drive, so why bother?, if you need BR playback, then purchase a BR player at the moment or buy a PS3 if that is what you want to do with your game console :)

4. dark4181

dark4181 Ero-sennin-tebayo

Don't forget that they denied the 360 Elite rumors right up until the day it came out

5. 1ad7

1ad7 What's a Dremel?

Br has alot of features over hd. 1080p is the biggest and I easily can tell the difference, also a new plastic on the bottom that is very hard to scratch. I work at a blockbuster and our blurays are nearly perfect all the time.... cant say that for DVD

6. johnmustrule

johnmustrule What's a Dremel?

following the OOXML thing they'll probably just release they're own HD drive with a totally copyrighted format

7. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

I'm not weighing in on the argument, but do have one comment:

with a staff of such talented lads as you've got there, surely you could have made a better spoof image yourself, rather than abusing the poor paintbucket.

8. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Xbox 360 games are just standard DVD format.

Downloading movies is a pain. If you're bored one afternoon and want to rent a movie through Xbox Live service, it will take couple hours to download a standard quality movie, and upwards of 4-6 hours for a high definition movie. (4GB+ download)

I've rented both types of movies, it takes way to long for me IMO.

9. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

not only is downloading a pain but some providers have a transfer cap so downloading large files in that way comes across as pirating to them even when its not so to play it safe they give you a termination warning.... lol can you tell Im having issues with my provider >_<

Tags: Add Tags