1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft replacing scratched Halo 3 discs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 26 Sep 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

Wooooo, im in the minority.. no interest in Halo, never liked it, probably never will.

3. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Yeah, same here. :) I bought and played through the original Halo, and wasn't all that impressed as it suffered greatly for being way, way, way too repetitive. When I've been through the same room but with different enemies in a dozen times in a row, I get very bored...

I'm willing to say that I've not played 2 (or 3, obviously) so they might have improved... but I don't really want to spend money 'on the off-chance'.

4. exavier412

exavier412 What's a Dremel?

I bought Halo 3 today, and then traded it to a guy on craigslist for Gears of War and Ghost Recon 2. I'd say it was a pretty good deal considering all of my other friends got Halo 3 anyways. :)

5. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I'm also in the "not interested in halo" group.
    Had Halo 1. Played half, got bored.
    Had Halo 2. Played half, got bored.

So yeah, I'm learning from my mistakes and not buying Halo 3 :p

6. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

How could you get bored with Halo andy? The first is and was the best of out of the first and second, but i guess that is down to personal opinion. Its nice to see MS are rectifying a problem for free though.

Sam

7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Mine's scratched but seems to work so far.

8. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

QFT, yet your a braver man than I for even attemping the 2nd game in the series! :thumb:

9. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Bought the first one, played it through, enjoyed it more when had a marathon 6 hour co-op with a friend, and found it less repetitive, but i think thats just by having company.
    Bought Halo2 and played maybe the first couple of levels or so, and stopped.

Its a bit boring now...Will have to see what the review is like, but i think its alot of fuss...for not alot of game...

10. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

i played Halo in PC. had good fun, but nothing extraordinary. good guy kill bad aliens. boring. but fun.

Halo2 came out, looks EXACTLY the same as Halo-1 in my eyes. go blame them. so i waited until it pops to the PC again (no money for console + cant let go keyboard/mouse combo), giving a little benefit of the doubt. played it. bored to hell. quit half-way.

ill probably try Halo3 when/if it comes out on the PC just coz im stubborn tho.... but if i have to rate it, the Halo series are 6/10. good game, but i had no idea how mankind can so extremely sensitive to peer pressure and overrated hype.... :p

11. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

12. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

umm how much is microsoft having to fix on the 360 first the boxes themselves now the games quite funny really

13. CardJoe

Halo was the best shooter of its time. For a console. It updated the post timesplitters world a bit and bought decent MP to the table for XBL, which is why its such a success. The story? The characters? Meh. Singleplayer was repetitive and dull, I couldn't finish it on PC or Xbox. Co-op was fun enough in Halo 2, but even then there were far better coop games out there which didn't get half as much praise (serious sam, anyone?)

Halo 3 seems to have shifted things up a notch, making it all bit prettier and more cinematic but it's still grasping at things and relying heavily on MP IMO.

Its odd how fanboys attach themselves to this franchise, especially when you look at the other, far better games that Bungie has done. Marathon, Pathways into Darkness - both blow Halo out of the water.

14. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Halo certainly has an interesting and in-depth story, but I just can't stand the dynamics of the game. Its like Microsoft's version of CS:S to me.

15. CardJoe

How is it an interesting and indepth story? Man fights alien. Alien wants to destroy world because of crazy religion. Man has robot. Robot kills alien. Blue thing in Halo 2 grabs an Alien and Robot and make them kill Aliens together because of other aliens, IIRC.

That s***s got nothing on something like Planescape: Torment or Grim Fandango (or pretty much any PC game which isn't a console port)

16. Major

Major Guest

Halo still sucks, end of. :)

Yeah I played the first one, thought it was crap, not touching it again, ever.

Halo is like the "WANNABE PRO FPS GAMER" game. If you play Halo, you think your l33t..

17. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

It pushed the right buttons for me. The half life universe is still by far my favourite though.

18. Morphine-Kitty

Morphine-Kitty Dead account.

I find all the background information about Halo is AWESOME, but most of the history and stuff they right about online and in novels can never be implemented successfully, unless you like to play a game where you take a history class.

However, as for the games themselves, not quite the revolutionary games they set them up to be in my opinion.

Tags: Add Tags