1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft signs CPU agreement with ARM

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 26 Jul 2010.

1. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

And your point was?

I remember arriving late to a party once when everyone else was shagged out, god it was great. I wore a bear costume which was excellent since it was a bit of a chilly night. My friend wore a spidermans costume which was way too small for him and even though it was cold, you could still tell what his religion was! So since we had turned up late, we started talking to some really hot chicks who had just arrived also. We had looked around when we first got to the party and saw what was a pretty poor effort by the girls who had been there a few hours. So we were well chuffed to have picked up what had infact been the catches of the night. They had come from different parts of the country but had met in university over the past few years. One of the girls I think her name was Julie had just finished her masters degree in computer sciences and was waiting to see what her results would be because she was being touted by her regional police force. Her mate who I can't remember her name now was 1 year away from finishing her business management degree. So we offered the fine ladies a drink or three of our homebrew which was just finished. It had finished the first stage of the fermenting process in the barrel 4 weeks earlier, having stayed at a constant 23 degrees which was perfect from the second we added the Yeast to the mix. The mix consisted of gooey syrup of Malt bailey and hops which was added into the barrel with 4 pints of rested boiling water and a full bag of sugar. As the sugar desolved we added the remaining cool water upto the 40 pint mark and then waited for the mixture temperature to drop around the 23 degree mark. So that was when we added the yeast, gave it a quick stir and then put the top on the barrel for 8 days. Once we checked the process a week later we could then bottle the mixture for the second and final fermentation process. Some would do the second fermentation process in a second barrel and add a gas/air valve but since we had plenty of larger bottles we just cleaned the bottles out and sterilised them and added a teaspoon of sugar to the bottom of each bottle and then resealed the bottles with new caps. So 4 weeks later and back to the party and pouring out the beer. We had to pour the beer first into a jug carefully so none of the sediment at the bottom of the bottles mixed with the quality beer. We didn't know what the exact alcohol quantity was but I can say I have never had the same effect on any beer purchased elsewhere. we got the girls and ourselves absolutely smashed and spent the night letting them molest us back at our apartment. Quite a night really and Julie's nurses costume was a right winner. I'm sure I have photographic evidence of me wearing that as well?

2. Shagbag

Shagbag All glory to the Hypnotoad!

Nice post. I didn't bother reading it.

3. crazyceo

You should, it's a really good story.

4. blood69

blood69 What's a Dremel?

Keep dreaming on ARM overtaking Intel or AMD on the faster chips. The last CPU arquitecture that had the potencial to do that was the CELL developed by IBM and Toshiba. Even that CELL still today in use on DVD players and PS3 consoles was not the revolution that i was expecting to be because of the difrence in programming. The same was said about the RISC arquitecture when came out to the market "Makes a Pentium looks like a Calculator Machine", Yea Right, little time later Intel fougth back and we never hear about RISC again until came ARM.
    ARM is a nice technology for low burning batteries in a small device, i thing we are never going to see ARM Cpus on a Super Computer or in Servers. And we aren't going to play the last eye candy creation of Crytec @ full graphics settings.
    To see this happening it will require a new CPU arquitecture, maybe based a little on ARM to maintain compatibility with old methods of Programming and Libraries. It will be good to see a third CPU giant not based on x86 arquitecture.

5. Shagbag

Shagbag All glory to the Hypnotoad!

No thanks. It'll be the usual pro-MS shiite you're well known around here for.

6. crazyceo

No really it's not, you should read it.

Tags: Add Tags