1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox One Microsoft Store / App

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Blogins, 8 Nov 2017.

1. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Just curious if anyone else has experienced either the Microsoft Store or the XBOX ONE App?

Personally I'm genuinely amazed how terrible both of these store fronts are. Considering that Microsoft is THE software giant, why can't they code a decent Website/App? The App is particularly dreadful, with a tight focus on recent and obscure releases. It's not even possible to run a search to find a particular game you might want to buy through the App. So if it can't be navigated to through the awful menus then you're out of luck my friend!

2. sandys

sandys Well-Known Member

Search works fine but agree its a terrible front end and every app I have bought has had issues, the last one Forza must have downloaded 3 time before it would install.

3. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Should clarify, I'm talking about the phone XBOX ONE App! Give it a go, it's awful! :wallbash:

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

IME, MS Store is a bit of a POS.

I guess we've been spoiled by places that've put some effort in, instead of trying to shoehorn their entire product line into the same suit, regardless of suitability.

But with 1709 on Windaz, they gave it a new icon! That counts for something ..Right?

5. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Microsoft Store is just awful. Ordered the XBOX ONE X SCORPIO EDITION back in August fully expecting it to be shipped for delivery yesterday. This morning it was still showing as 'pre-ordered'! Queried it with Microsoft via their live chat function who repeated back the status of my order as 'pre-ordered' which wasn't very enlightening!

Fortunately thanks to mad google skills I noticed the page for the XBOX ONE X SCORPIO EDITION now had an 'ADD TO CART' button even though it wasn't hyperlinked via the main store pages. So I gave it a shot and this order that I placed 10 hours ago is now ready for dispatch via UPS. Seems they couldn't prepare for an order that stood for a couple of months but a 10 hour order took no time at all!

6. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

I can remember the trouble I had downloading Gears Of War from the store, unlike Steam it would not pick up where you left off, took three fresh installs of Windows before I finally managed to get the game never again will I use it.

7. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Couldn't access Shadow of War through Windows 10 on mine. I had to update the Operating System and then Multiple Apps by which time I'd lost interest. Almost like they're not interested competing with the likes of Steam. Utter shambles!

8. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Morse Monkey

Bit of a necro but having just gone through this over the weekend, if you're using the M$ store on PC and having install or drive space allocation issues, you need to disable 'Delivery Optimization' in windows update settings. This prevents hogging of storage space and I haven't had an install issue since disabling it.