1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft to expand Halo franchise further

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Jan 2009.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

biggest piece of **** to grace the industry imho, it can die a death

2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I think after Halo ODST and Halo Wars, they should just make a board/card game, maybe have a version of UNO with Halo... Oh, wait, now i'm giving them ideas.

Sam

3. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I want Halo chess pieces mmm

4. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

Is a good idea, am surprised they haven’t done it yet.

Even if the series starts going down hill fast I'll still keep buying (while complaining at the same time). :D

5. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Im sorry but I really dont think Halo has deserved this "milked franchise" title people bestow upon it so easily.

Yes it is overhyped but is it horrible? no infact the games have all been very good with Halo 3 setting the bar beyond all previous standards - Im not even a big halo fan and I think its a great game with allot of media hype around it.

There arnt many games that do what Halo 3 has done and as well? look at the depth it has, the matchmaking system is awesome, I have never had any visible lag despite who i get matched with, the gameplay is awesome, the forge, replays everything it does, it does really well.

Not a single game comes to mind that does it as well - Its a solid shooter all round and its only had 3 installments and suddenly its overhyped, milked beyond recognition? I really dont think so.

Metal gear Solid, final fantasy, super mario, Zelda, mortal kombat, Tekken, resident evil, street fighter (dont get me started on that one), gran turismo, grand theft auto....the list goes on and on...all these games have countless sequels -

So what exactly do we define as over-milked? a game in its third installment and soon to be 4th and 5th? or the ones i mentioned that have had countless sequels and spinoffs but still get rated high marks regardless?

Hmmm

6. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Welcome to the internet :hehe::hehe:

7. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Umm, your entire argument is moot, NO ONE SAID IT IS MILKED, we said they are going to, lol. Geez. read much? All those you mentuioned are milked, not sure what that has to do with them looking to Milk halo.

8. RDST

RDST He who wonders...

I would normally feel okay with this if it wasn't for the fact that Halo 3 seemed more like a content update than an actual sequel. Oh and I'm still bitter about Halo 2 Vista being trashed.

9. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

people must remember that halo has remained a top competitive tournament title through all of it's sequels and even months or years after release the games retain top positions in terms of number of online players, either everyone is sheep or they did something right with Multiplayer, in fact I don't think there's a better tournament quality FPS on the market that can compete with Halo 3.
    I happen to like the halo universe and enjoyed all the books as a sort of "light" sci-fi read, they all are good light reads and I'll finish the series.

it's called brand recognition, they'll continue to make the games until they stop making money. SInce people are still buying them, obviously it hasn't been completely juiced yet

10. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

if you want prime examples of milked franchises then look no further than the guitar hero franchise and the call of duty franchise. i really like the call of duty franchise ( own em all for pc) but i have to admit that releasing over 8 games under the call of duty label within 5 years is definitely milking

Last edited: 31 Jan 2009
  11. rollo

rollo Modder

Halo 1 was only reason i brought the orginal xbox. I picked up halo 2 some time later for about £7 from a 2nd hand game store

halo 1 is a great game

halo 2 is a crap game. Its far to short and most of the difficulty is gone

halo 3 got worse. 8hrs play start to finish ? ?

i wont buy halo wars despite owning the first 3. When did microsoft last release a half decent rts game. And id assume it will have a small unit cap for the 360s hardware to cope. Otherwise it will be lag city

Still think RTS games belong on only pcs. Sorry console owners

12. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

I take back everything I said in another thread about nobody buying games because they're all crap, if this is the attitude.

The Halo epitomises every negative thing I can think of about bland, uninteresting, undifferentiated entertainment, and it's disheartening to see it being supported here. Good grief, this is supposed to be a forum of gaming connoisseurs - we're supposed to be better than this!

13. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

No it's not, it's supposed to be a forum for hardware enthusiasts :p

14. fargo

fargo What's a Dremel?

if ms wants to expand halo make it available for pc's without VISTA duh!!! I played the first halo that didn't require vista and I wasn't impressed.

Tags: Add Tags