1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft updates 25 year old logo

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 24 Aug 2012.

1. MadManX1

MadManX1 New Member

If you look close enough you will see that the new logo has hollow parts in the middle which is clearly copying the famous "bite" on Apple's logo.

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Makes me think of Floella Benjamin and Big Ted.

3. yuusou

yuusou Well-Known Member

4. modfx

modfx Loft Gremlin

Don't see the point of changing the text, what exactly was wrong with the old one? I like that the tiles actually look like a window instead of a flag but my first thoughts were: it looks like the buttons on a toy telephone I had when I was a kid and why are they using the windows logo for the whole company, MS does a hell of a lot more than operating systems.

5. 3lusive

3lusive New Member

Old was better, but Metro has to infest everything.

6. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

7. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

8. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I think the logo's form combined with the colour makes it look dated. I preferred the all blue logo. It seemed to fit in with the metro theme better.

9. dolphie

dolphie New Member

Microsoft are obviously going through changes at the moment and become more "corporate" focused. They are acting more professional, and a bit less friendly every day software for every home, more of an important company your business cannot live without. They have changed Hotmail to become more of a Microsoft Outlook Online type of thing and they are changing their corporate identity too. The new logo seems to fit this change well imo. And it will be interesting to see if the changes go much deeper than their logo.

10. Griffter

Griffter New Member

brilliant actually. a logo anyone can remember, and draw in 3sec. thats compatibility at its max! fresh and clean clean clean clean...

11. Sylvester20007

Sylvester20007 New Member

I would guess thats because your not sure about this whole metro thing and this change in the face of microsoft represents the embodyment of this change. Im not sure about this whole metro thing so I have the same feeling, im not there with this whole new windows look so this change in corperate branding doesnt feel good with me either.

12. jon

jon Chief Phrenologist

Microsoft is changing itself into a company that not only creates operating systems and useful utility software, it also creates products on which its software runs.

Wait, Apple does that. Microsoft is stealing Apples business model!