1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft's Tokyo offices raided

Discussion in 'Serious' started by coorz, 26 Feb 2004.

1. coorz

coorz Miffed

2. prophecy421

prophecy421 What's a Dremel?

now japan is jumping in on the anti microsoft bandwagon eh? only issue with their patented technology issue is that they can claim microsoft dissasembled their drivers to make them work with windows with out the companys concent to do so. but thats probably the exact reason why they have to sign the clause/waiver in the firstplace. Personally I feel they should leave microsoft alone, sure it has a hold in the operating system department today. microsoft just made itself public by marketing to the general population earlier than any other company did besides apple, and intel. when linux was released MS windows was allready mainstream, and end user based, which appealed to your average joe, not needing to take college corses for unix, sun, and other not user friendly operating systems. your other alternative was a mac, which was/is prettylooking, easy to use and stable as hell. and entirely proprietary, with inferior real world performance (at one time) IBM compatable was the way to go, its faster, cheaper, and upgradeable beyond ram and hard drive which gives more choices on a truly personal computer, hence PC :D the only other window based os available was from tandy, and like mac os, only ran on a tandy, commodore had one in development but died before its release. IBM made its own os at one time, so did other companies, but because they also had to make hardware they couldn't spend as much time and resources for software development, ms bought rights to MS-dos, but other companies could still develop their own versions since it was basically open source itself, and they did. I have other dos disks still. like PC-DOS, MY-DOS, ect. they just diddnt have the features that MS-DOS had, and copyrighted to protect their product. MS-DOS 5 came with a GUI shell that wasn't very good, but was an attempt for a windows style environment. well I will stop my travel down memory lane here and just say this. While microsoft gets suied for its supposed wrongdoings, why not add apple, nintendo, intel, and nvidia to the monopoly suites as well. FYI nvidia bought out its onetime competitor and rival 3DFX in 1999, 2000, or 2001. at that time ATI, and Matrox were also around but did not focus on high end gaming cards, they focused more on high end graphic workstations, CAD, and videoproduction machines. I do miss the nvidia 3dfx war not to mention how pretty 3dfx glide made games look compared to openGL and early direct3d offerings. If only nvidia would adapted the glide/voodoo coding to their GPUs natively before it died out completely, or even revive them for todays highresolution standards and higher framerates. but one can only wish and hope :D

sheesh I feel old. :hehe: I kinda feel like the crazy old man on the porch in his rocking chair, going in and on and on about the good ol days, before the great war changed everything (WWI) LOL :brrr: ice is my old mans beard :naughty:

3. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

Microsoft SUCKS!

4. sk8o

sk8o What's a Dremel?

does it really ? i think not, i run unix and microsoft so iam not biased either way, i agree ms has its problems but saying a statement like that is getting generic of people who dont know how to use the os properly...

both my xp and 2k3 platforms are stable as a rock, as for the buisness side, which large corporation doesnt behave like ms ? i think people just have abit of envy becuase ms is a sucessful buisness :)