1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Mindboggling Mystery of the Many MMO Mice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Korvus, 26 Sep 2013.

1. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

The Deathadder isn't half bad. It's just super super comfortable.

If they still made the Steelseries Ikari. I'd buy that more often, but it just seems to not exist anymore. And it was and still is my favorite mouse.

siliconfanatic likes this.
  2. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I can't really comment on Razer mice in general, had one which is still going (5 years later maybe), and it was a relatively cheap model.

You need to work out what you want from your mice before you commit, how many buttons do you want/need, any other features?
    Is having a good sensor important? The ergonomics should play a BIG role in your choice.

In general I would tend to ignore advice on avoiding this or that company, first step is to actually work out what mouse would be best for you.

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Razer may or may not have changed their ways in recent years as far as build quality and reliability goes, but they put me off very early on with several cheap, plasticky peripherals from each product line including a keyboard, a couple of mice and various woefully unreliable, very uncomfortable* headsets. I feel like I'm repeating myself here. Oh wait, I am:

As far as mice go, I don't think I'll ever move away from Logitech now. The only disappointing thing they've done recently was not include the free-scrolling wheel on the 602.

*I still haven't put my PC audio through the Turtle Beach XP510s yet and my trusty Speedlink Medusa 5.1 headset is open on my bench for a minor repair at the moment, so I actually put my brother's Razer Barracuda on my gaming rig to use until I get around to fixing it. A few bit-tech Mumble users will have heard me complaining about sore ears over the past couple of weeks. This is why. I can't wear them for more than a couple of hours without my ears getting extremely sore.

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Well-Known Member

I had the medusas, I binned them after three months and a fault. Spent around £200 on a desk mic and headphones. :thumb:

As for mice, I went from a R.A.T 3 to a Corsair M65 to the Logitech G500s and now am sold on Logitech.

Build quality=awesome.

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I should have said my brothers discarded Razer Barracudas which he left behind - I think he plays with Sennheiser headphones now. I already repaired the Barracudas once and there is still a weird sporadic buzz/pop in one ear when they're not receiving any audio from the PC. Job #1 before any more BF3 is played will be to get the XP510s connected to my Xonar D2X.

6. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy New Member

All of Alienware's peripherals are made my Logitech FWIW.

I've got a tactx keyboard and it's lovely. Nearly 5 years old now too.

But yeah, I must say everything I've ever had by Logitech has been a total workhorse.

7. ferret141

ferret141 Well-Known Member

Logitech G600

8. Korvus

Korvus May contain traces of sanity.

So far the general lean is towards the logitech. Interesting. Also interesting that I'm not alone in my "build quality concerns" with razer. :/

No thoughts on the corsair M95?

9. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy New Member

Whenever I buy something new, anything new, I always spend hours doing research. No matter what product you will always find complaints. But this is a good thing, as it helps to get you prepared for any issues you may encounter. Now usually you always find some one who is disgruntled, and thus will be really harsh. However, in the case of Razer? well just use this thread as your guide.

You're looking at 50+% unhappy customers. That's chuffing ridiculous no matter how you look at it. Now sure, I know that most people will only speak up when they're annoyed, but it's internet wide.

10. Korvus

Korvus May contain traces of sanity.

I visited the scan shop today and had a play with the various mice there. What I learnt was interesting.

The logitech's buttons are squishy and have no feel. In addition, it is impossible to press them without also pressing the ring finger mouse button too.

The corsair is comfy, but the layout is... just too odd, and several buttons are painful to reach. There's no logic to it which is a shame.

So that left the naga, easily the most comfortable to use of them all, with the buttons easy to access with a satisfying click to each of them. Which Is what I ended up buying. Free mouse bungee too :D

Thank you for the input however everyone, it has been informative. I will be keeping an eye on the naga and it's reliability :)

11. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Hope it goes well. I hope to get a Naga eventually; I could use the extra buttons. I'm really glad you didn't let your previous experiences cloud your judgement too much..

12. Jards8595

Jards8595 Member

I have a G600 and its a really nice mouse, it replaced a R.A.T 5 which was a steamer that lasted barely a year before the left click stopped clicking

13. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy New Member

Well if Scan is just up the road then yeah, should be fine. You can back it if it starts acting up :)