1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Who needs some lovin'?
    I'm up for it!

Edit: Stickeh, can we get some carto goodness?

2. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

I see what you did there! :eyebrow:

3. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

Since the twitter board is such a success, I've made a bigger one right next to the old one. Could a kind admin put a crate full of signs next to it?

PS. J, don't jizz on the board :D

4. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Well technically it's still survival multiplayer, we're just all big pussies who disable anything harmful and spawn our materials :p

5. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

6. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Just to let you know...

[​IMG]

7. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

8. Rat1sully

Rat1sully At Least Skt478 Never Broke

Can we not cut that out so we can actually see the stuff we've built?

9. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Yet again our world has seen an untimely fatality...

[​IMG]

10. TCoZ

TCoZ Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo...

I'd like to talk about minecarts. Currently, we have a single carriageway system on the server, where there is one rail, which is silly, considering two rails (one for forwards, one for backwards) would massively reduce crashes. Furthermore, people generally don't have stations at the ends, and the tracks are joined together using track randomly switching directions. It is a bit of mess, which is a shame.

I'd like to propose standardising our minecart system on our server. Have two rails on each line, have stations that can control two-way traffic, and have parallel lines to deal with splits. Here's a picture of the proposed station I'd like to use:

[​IMG]

(Note: This is just one-way, but it's not difficult to flip it and run it side by side (with a small gap in the middle.) This station is small and efficient. You can have it along the rail without having to change direction of the track or anything like that, and it doesn't slow you down if you want to skip the station. By pressing the pressure plate, you cause a cart to drop, which you can right click to get into. It sounds like it can be difficult to pull off, but it's easy once you work out where it drops. And it doesn't matter if you miss a cart, as it will carry on to the next station and then be absorbed into the chest. Each station can hold 27 carts for either direction without issues (and I assume if it overflows it just carries on to the next station and goes into that).

Does anyone have any issues with this? Or can I start building it (and altering our current systems to use it properly)?

11. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

off the top of my head, i cant think of any disadvantage to such a system. it seems like it should result in the fewest number of crashes and glitches. lets go for it!

12. TheDoctor

TheDoctor So what seems to be the problem?

And not only have they gone exploring - it looks like a fire is spreading to the south west of the windmill..... hope that can be controlled

13. Rat1sully

Need to think about track end stations and route planning but otherwise go for it, question though how will we be able to choose where to go as I can't stand trains that stop at every little thing on route to white I want to go lol

14. TCoZ

15. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

minecraft mania makes it so you will wizz right by any stations you dont wish to stop at. its really a direct-route system.

that may have been me....:p dont worry, its far enough away not to spread to any construction.

Last edited: 12 Dec 2010
  16. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

17. Rat1sully

Could do with running closer to some of the things like the twisted tower and apartments

18. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

i'd like the purple rail to pass in front of the curch, instead of behind the abbey, because it runs right trough my apple orchard:thumb:

EDIT: like so, with the red line instead of the crossed rose one

[​IMG]

Last edited: 13 Dec 2010
  19. SpaceBaby

SpaceBaby AKA: Stophon

the exploration above the Dam top right of the new carto was me, sorry if i explored a little more than we wanted. i kept to the ocean line to uncover as much as the main continent as posible. starting to think everything is connected some how.

Finaly back to my own computer after a week and able to connect to minecraft again. so i will be on soon guys.

EDIT: if you look to the top of the new carto you can see the natural lava pools i was talking about, seems there is a new forest fire going on over there.

20. TCoZ

Sure.

And Bindi wants me to send some track round his way in the top right corner, so I'll continue the 'rose' track along there.

EDIT: Also, I think I may continue the red line onwards along that island so that we have a line closer to J's skyscraper and the apartments and all that.

Last edited: 13 Dec 2010