1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Well, what do ya know.. ..it had to come!

Last edited: 27 Sep 2011
  2. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

do we not have to use the port now? Im confused :(

3. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

How do I use said "DynMap"

4. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

it does not seem to work atm.. think they are working on it ;)

5. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I've been telling all my friends I know on Facebook/ locally. I get lonely when It's just me on the server.

6. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Well It would be very handy on the Survival server, worked on the creative last time I tried. :(

7. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Not the bit-tech server no, as its the bit-tech server. I started playing on the bit-tech server because I believed it to be private, bit-tech only. Now its just standard... why is it not bit-tech only all of a sudden? I was lead to believe upon switching to blockjunkies that it would stay exactly the same setup... but with a different physical server.

Someone apparantly torched the spawn house the other day...

8. MrsFio

+1

9. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

There's a difference (I thought) between the bit-tech server, which is the non-survival server run by Multiplay, and the survival server originally run by Xtreme_Machine and now run by Panomama/Block Junkies.

Or am I missing something that's changed in the last couple of months?

10. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

At what point did i say "Lets advertise survival!"?
    As far as im aware, survival is still private and I havent told people the IP.

11. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Yeah definitely. It's that island with the stronghold underneath? Panomama fixed it up really nicely, so breaking the stronghold would be bad, but please do as you like other than that :)

With regard to the SMP server, I would prefer it to be bit-tech only, but I don't pay for it so it's not my decision.

12. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

You dont need the special port number anymore, so if you know one.blockjunkies.co.uk you can probably guess our server ;)

13. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

Due to unforseen circumstances which makes it difficult to host multiple minecraft servers with the same IP, we didnt know about this when we started hosting you, sorry.

14. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

..and it says so in the beginning of the video.. I would prefer the way things where, not too public that is, but as Bede points out, we haven't paid for the service, so there's not up to me to decide.

And another thing. When hosted by XM, there where certain rules about the survival aspect, and although it has changed some, I urge those with admin-powers to restrict themselves from cheating. Yes, being admin sorta makes you like god, but you get no creds from me misusing your powers. I love XM's admin-contribute and server-service beacuse he worked hard to solve problems when they arose, and to keep high standards while following the rules.

Again thanks to Panomama/Votick and their efforts of getting our survival-server onto hardware that rocks.:rock: I enjoy every minute when I'm on - and the new overviewer is awsome! (Hope it runs smoothly soon..) :clap: I guess time will tell how this fares..

Oh, and me and MrsFio might spend less time than before because of moving to new place.. :cooldude:

15. MrsFio

NOOOO.. really? :jawdrop:

do we have to spend less time?:waah:

Gonna miss u guys!!! :(

16. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

My Maze is now complete if you fancy a go, its only small, and there is only easy mode so far, but there is a small reward in the chest at the end for the first person to complete it ;)

Let me know if you have a go and win (which you will, as its easy) and let me know how you think I can improve it :)

Matticus likes this.
  17. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

This. It's really disappointing to see this sort of stuff.

18. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

I couldn't agree with you more. This is meant to be survival, not admin-hacking! XM is digging out his spawn floors - all from resources he mined/found/scavenged. Kyle? Just goes and spawns stacks of TNT.

The occasional funny thing is OK, for example the cow rape around Digi's house, or the giant zombie. But spawning thousands of creepers? Enderman just for the pearls? It ruins the game.

19. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Here here! Single player and creative server is for getting what you want as easily as you can, multi-player survival is for surviving, digging, and protecting the things you worked HARD to get!

20. Bede

Bede Minimodder

+1. There's no point otherwise.

Btw I read on the wiki that 3 strongholds *only* spawn in the world. They are all within something like 600 blocks (iirc) from the spawn and are spaced equally apart. I found one off the coast, has anyone found the others?

Matticus likes this.