1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

2. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

"never waste your diamonds on a hoe"

[​IMG]

3. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Finished the majority of my throne room, just eed to put in the pillars and giant creeper statue.

Anyone want to do the ceiling design?

4. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

I'm PRETTY sure Malvolio could help you get some ponies in the ceiling?:thumb:

5. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

6. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Are we ever going to have a tekkit server?

7. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Pester XM, he has room.

8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I'm just bored of playing on my own... I mean, once you have over 100 stacks of diamond what do you do?

9. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Hilarious :p There is a rule in the equine community that: if it exists, there is a pony of it.

Sorry I haven't been on that much lately, but real life has taken me by the shoulders and shaken me up rather a lot. If I'm not working, I'm volunteering. If I'm not volunteering, I'm out with some chums. If I'm not doing that, I'm generally too worn out and sore to hold a mouse. So I assure you that I'm not gone, just really busy, and should be back on regularly doing whatever it is I do once things slow down, though this might be another month or two!

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Tekkit looks bloody complicated... It's like learning a whole new game... I did try it offline, but it's like the early days of Minecraft again: constantly alt-tabbing out to a Wiki page! :)

11. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Thats what makes it so good though, so much to explore...

12. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Tekkit extends the 'life' of a Minecraft game. It adds resources higher than diamond, giving more stuff to aim for, and more low level stuff (like machines) to speed up development. And if that wasn't enough, the power-transmitting, item-moving, automatic-crafting, automatic-digging, automatic-building elements add so much more depth.

In my Tekkit world, I have suffered a fully blown nuclear reactor meltdown. The interesting thing to note, is the blast pattern. My base is build on a 6x6 shaft going down to bedrock. The nuclear reactor was in one of the walls of the shaft, about 20 blocks down from the main base. As the top and bottom were stone, the explosion did not get very far, instead funneling the explosion out into the shaft. The explosion ripped up at a 45 degree angle to knock out a pipe delivering quarry items to my anti-matter relay. I am quite lucky it didn't go further up and knock out all three of my EMC flowers!

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well... I've been playing on a Tekkit test server pretty much all weekend, while sort of following a youtube tutorial series on it (it gives a good idea of what's available - the depth of tekkit for a new player is overwhelming).

It's crazy! The amount of extra stuff is just mental... I think I've pretty much mastered vanilla Minecraft to the point where it's just a grind to get materials for the elaborate stuff I want to build. Diamond armour? Check. Diamond tools/weapons? Check. Lots of enchantments? Check. Potions & splash potions? Check. Rare stuff from the Nether? Check. But tekkit has so much more; there's always one more upgrade I want, or one new widget/machine... I've managed to get some reliable power generation going now with a large bank of solar panels; that's enough to run my current quarry setup (plus piles of overclocked machines) without too much of a headache, but it's time to start looking at nuclear power - I want a mass fabricator, and there's no way I'll be running that from low-level solar panels!

Are wind turbines broken or something? On the wiki I read that they now need to be at least 90-95 blocks up and can't have any obstructions within a 9x9x7 block radius; even when following those guidelines mine don't seem to generate any power. No real biggie for my current setup, but they'll be handy when I start from scratch again on a new world.

I am *very* tempted to migrate my current server over to tekkit (from bukkit). Though I'd need to test and make sure that I can migrate the current world (and user inventories), as well as the plugin setup. *In theory* it should just be a case of lifting out the bukkit binary and dropping in the tekkit one (as tekkit is based on bukkit), but I'd need to test this out thoroughly first.

14. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

The issue with that is your world will lack the Tekkit specific ores and vegitaion...

15. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

Do the people or peson i have to pm for the server ip changed considering the post was made two years ago if so who do i pm to join the survival server ?

16. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Yeah I need to change the first post, who runs the server and wants daily pm's about IP requests??? Btw hi every body :D hope all is well in minecraft land!

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Indeed. I realised this just after I posted! Doh.

18. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Is Tekkit SMP or Minecraft SMP working for people? Both fail to login to servers for me (local hosted servers)

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The login servers went down yesterday evening.

20. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

makes me laugh that I still get tons of messages on here asking for server IP, when I've not been an admin for over a year lmao