1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

teh server has died

2. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Its a proper resource hog now!

3. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

Thanks to Rat1Sully and jonnyisback for the help on the tunnel again :) Matt, where the hell have YOU been?! ;)

4. morris8809

morris8809 Minimodder

hey guys pm me for a server ip to test biomes out on. Kind of as a 2nd bit-tech server for now.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I'm posting the new one to you this week - promise! I can't actually speak to the people in the post office (Eng vs Mandarin) so I'm begging the GF to spare me half hour. It'll take a week to ge to you.. Sorry it's taken so long >_<

EDIT: WTH? I've got EIGHT chickens in my building! GTFO!

EDIT2: TNT does the trick :hip:

6. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Sadly I was unable to get online yesterday as we had company over - the whole ******* day! So by the time we were able to chuck them out it was time to go to bed. Hopefully though I'll be able to get back online tonight, but now I see that the update has not treated servers kindly. The horror! How long would it take for a commercial server to be up and running?

Last edited: 1 Nov 2010
  7. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

As a semi-related post (And based on 0 experience here, as Minecraft just won't work on my NV 9600GT under Win 7 x64 for some reason), would the following not work better for minecarts:
    Rather than trying to have a tree topology (Or a loop topology), why not a star topology? For this, each station gets it's own line (Technically, I guess, two lines, one out and one return). The central hub station stores all the carts, and when one is requested from a far station, it's sent out from the central station. Or, if you had a LOT of redstone, you could have it so there is always at least 1 cart in the far station, and when someone takes it the central station sends out a replacement to be stored immediately (and vice-versa).

It would mean that every trip would have to go through the central station, but that's not so bad as all that.

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yes, I've noticed quite a few more animals spawning after the update...

9. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

well i managed to log in and explore quite a bit tonight. im starting to think its a lag/server-halfway-around-the-world thing. i was the only one on and the connection was solid for 20 minutes or so.

i discovered this:

[​IMG]

has the superbridge been griefed or is this some sort of game error? seems kind of an odd grief method...

i also took the liberty of deleting this that i stumbled upon just east of the stadium:

<inappropriate construction photo removed>

i hope noone minds :worried:

10. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I hope a future update will allow us to domesticate the animals so that we may build a petting zoo. :D

11. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

No, that's the notorious invisibug. The bridge is fine.

Good. Not sure who among the approved bit-tech users find constructing lava swastikas funny, but when found, such things are to be removed. It is not funny, nor appropriate.

12. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

ahh, i ran into that with my windmill. placing solid blocks at the ends of the windmill blades prevented the bug, but i dont suppose thatd work on the bridge since it already has solid blocks at both ends of the fence stakes.

anyone seen any ghosts yet?

13. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

They only appear in the nether floating above you.

14. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Ghasts you mean? ;)
    Well, it would seem that Notch had trouble getting portals to work in smp. Something about the server not taking kindly to having to load both maps at the same time. He has promised to fix it shortly though as smp fixes are listed as next-action on his to-do list.

15. Stickeh

Regarding the 'Nether World' It cannot be accessed in SMP, a server is either hell, or its not. its only one config file...who wants a hell world? :D

Notch has actually mentioned before that portals will/ eventually lead to other servers, just imagine the link up?!

also;
    [​IMG]

and;
    http://imgur.com/HzDLN.jpg

16. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I for one don't want a dedicated hell world server.
    We need/want the new blocks? Let's spawn them.

I didn't see where he stated that portals will lead to other servers, but that's one interesting way of solving the problem I suppose. However, I'd also like him to solve the issue so that both worlds could be accessible from a single server as well.

17. Stickeh

It was an old thread i read, its an idea to link servers i think, not just to the nether world. IT would make for a fun server browser!

We could easily make a hell part of the map...kinda of like a biome?

also for elliot -"Omg i love minecraft all the time" O;

18. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Yes, it is an interesting idea. Would be fun to see it in practice.

And yes, that was my idea as well. Make a hell part of the map, glass it in, and present it as an exotic nature resort. :D

That is awesome! Must get an android phone... or wait, my productivity at work would plummet. Or cease.

19. Stickeh

Its just a world viewer for know j, I don't think / forsee there could ever be a playable version of minecraft ported to the android phones on current gen phones (note the playable aspect) because it really is a hogggg.

But it looks like a good way to show friends how much time you waste on a blocky (what the hell is that POS graphics ) game

20. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Ah, well, that certainly answers a few questions I had after seeing it. Still, even as a world viewer it's quite a nice feature.